• 28 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-11T16:19:38Z by JAntley
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
773 Posts

Pinned topic How to delete dW-Account from my IBM-ID - need help from dW-Admin

‏2009-09-02T07:59:22Z |
Hi,

i need to remove my membership from dW - but i still need my current IBM-ID for business access.
Local Helpdesk (Germany) can't help me - there is only a button to register my IBM-ID with dW, but no "de-register" ?

Thank you for your help !
Updated on 2013-01-04T07:56:55Z at 2013-01-04T07:56:55Z by SystemAdmin
  • amidewar
    amidewar
    126 Posts

Re: How to delete dW-Account from my IBM-ID - need help from dW-Admin

‏2009-09-02T11:42:42Z  
    Your dW "membership" is actually the same thing as your IBM registration. It is one in the same. When you registered with dW you were actually creating an IBM account, dW just creates a profile that stores you activity on dW specifically. Is there a particular feature you are hoping to disassociate yourself from? ie. stop receiving updates from a forum? If so, we might be able to assist you there.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2009-09-03T08:01:14Z  
    • amidewar
    • ‏2009-09-02T11:42:42Z
    Your dW "membership" is actually the same thing as your IBM registration. It is one in the same. When you registered with dW you were actually creating an IBM account, dW just creates a profile that stores you activity on dW specifically. Is there a particular feature you are hoping to disassociate yourself from? ie. stop receiving updates from a forum? If so, we might be able to assist you there.
    @amidewar

Thank you for help

First, my IBM-ID is much older then my dW-Account, i need to keep the first fpr business. I like dW, but i can't accept that my real name / surename is available via G**gle-Search (cause it's a info that it always displayed in my public profile from dW).
    Now i have changed both to something else - but this also changed my name / surename from my IBM-ID which is not acceptable. I need to open calls for hardware/software fixes and they wan't to know my name Happy

So, as long as this info is not in sepearte databases or can't be hided in dW public profile i need to de-couple dW from my buisiness IBM-ID, maybe i have to create a second IBM-ID just for dW.

Best regards, Ratchet
  • amidewar
    amidewar
    126 Posts

‏2009-09-15T05:20:58Z  
    @amidewar

Thank you for help

First, my IBM-ID is much older then my dW-Account, i need to keep the first fpr business. I like dW, but i can't accept that my real name / surename is available via G**gle-Search (cause it's a info that it always displayed in my public profile from dW).
    Now i have changed both to something else - but this also changed my name / surename from my IBM-ID which is not acceptable. I need to open calls for hardware/software fixes and they wan't to know my name Happy

So, as long as this info is not in sepearte databases or can't be hided in dW public profile i need to de-couple dW from my buisiness IBM-ID, maybe i have to create a second IBM-ID just for dW.

Best regards, Ratchet
    I apologize for the delay in response - I wrote a response but apparently failed to post it (which doesn't do you much good). Happy

Unfortunately, the dW account is the same as the IBM account - here's what I expect was your process. You created your IBM account. In order to participate on dW you have to login with your IBM account - but you also need to create an alias or dW display name (which is displayed alongside any content you post). That creates what we call a My developerWorks profile - however, its not a separate account from IBM - its actually sharing the same information with your existing IBM account.

I can understand your concern with the information being available publicly. I would recommend that you continue with what you suggested - modify your dW name to something other than your real name, and create a separate IBM account that uses your real name for the reasons you listed.

If you were to delete your dW account you would not be able to participate at all within developerWorks (ie. post to a forum).

Ami
  • sohini_bagchi
    sohini_bagchi
    2 Posts

‏2009-10-16T09:13:53Z  
    Hi dWAdmin,

I need some help in deleting a post of mine in dW.
    Kindly tell me the procedure.
    This is an urgent request.

Thanks,
    Sohini.
  • john.holtman
    john.holtman
    65 Posts

‏2009-10-16T13:32:19Z  
    Sohini,

It appears that your only other post is in the WebSphere Portal forum, so I am assuming that is the one you want deleted. I will remove it now. If I misinterpreted your request, please respond here.

-John
  • sohini_bagchi
    sohini_bagchi
    2 Posts

‏2009-10-20T07:05:27Z  
    Sohini,

It appears that your only other post is in the WebSphere Portal forum, so I am assuming that is the one you want deleted. I will remove it now. If I misinterpreted your request, please respond here.

-John
    Hi John,

You are right. It is the Websphere Portal post that I wanted to be deleted.
    Thanks a ton for the same.

Sohini.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2010-02-19T12:25:50Z  
    Hi dWAdmin,

I need some help in deleting a post of mine in dW.
    Kindly tell me the procedure.
    This is an urgent request.

Thanks,
    Sohini.
    @amidewar,

a long time a go, in a galaxy far, far away..the problem still exists.

I would recommend that you continue with what you suggested - modify your dW name to something other than your real name, and >create a separate IBM account that uses your real name for the reasons you listed.

Sorry, i would like to do it the other way - i need my current IBM account for business, the dW is a gadget, nothing else.
    So, i would prefer to get the dW-Profile removed my current IBM account, i will later create a separate IBM account for another dw-Profile.

Would you please be so kind and delete my dW-Account ?

Bye, ratchet
  • amidewar
    amidewar
    126 Posts

‏2010-02-19T12:30:13Z  
    @amidewar,

a long time a go, in a galaxy far, far away..the problem still exists.

I would recommend that you continue with what you suggested - modify your dW name to something other than your real name, and >create a separate IBM account that uses your real name for the reasons you listed.

Sorry, i would like to do it the other way - i need my current IBM account for business, the dW is a gadget, nothing else.
    So, i would prefer to get the dW-Profile removed my current IBM account, i will later create a separate IBM account for another dw-Profile.

Would you please be so kind and delete my dW-Account ?

Bye, ratchet
    Let me investigate the feasibility of this. I may need to contact you directly for more details. Thanks for your patience.

Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2010-03-26T11:08:25Z  
    • amidewar
    • ‏2010-02-19T12:30:13Z
    Let me investigate the feasibility of this. I may need to contact you directly for more details. Thanks for your patience.

Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
    Hi Ami Dewar,

any news about my request? I didn't received any email.

Bye.
  • amidewar
    amidewar
    126 Posts

‏2010-03-30T22:07:26Z  
    Hi - We have removed all the unique data from your profile. Please keep in mind that if you login to developerWorks again, it will create another profile for you, publicly exposing the IBM account required fields (First name, Last name, Location). I can understand your concerns, therefore if you want to participate in the developerWorks community again (and we hope you will), please first create a separate IBM account, using a different email address (a unique email address is required for a new account) and a first name/last name that you don't mind being available publicly.
    Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2010-06-14T04:34:34Z  
    I would like to delete my DW profile account
  • amidewar
    amidewar
    126 Posts

‏2010-06-14T13:42:35Z  
    I would like to delete my DW profile account
    HI -
    We are able to remove your developerWorks profile however your developerWorks profile is the same as your IBM account, therefore if you were to ever sign into developerWorks again with your IBM credentials (ie. to post to our forums - it will create a new developerWorks profile. Given this, would you still like us to remove your account?
    Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
  • Zlata_D
    Zlata_D
    1 Post

‏2010-09-19T11:10:19Z  
    • amidewar
    • ‏2010-06-14T13:42:35Z
    HI -
    We are able to remove your developerWorks profile however your developerWorks profile is the same as your IBM account, therefore if you were to ever sign into developerWorks again with your IBM credentials (ie. to post to our forums - it will create a new developerWorks profile. Given this, would you still like us to remove your account?
    Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
    Hello! I am just wondering, how can I delete my IBM profile from DW and from IBM site?

Thank you!
  • amidewar
    amidewar
    126 Posts

‏2010-09-20T13:32:55Z  
    Hi!
    To delete your IBM account you must contact the IBM Registration help desk. The list of phone numbers is available below.

https://www.ibm.com/account/profile/us?page=reghelpdesk

Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
  • zexix
    zexix
    1 Post

‏2010-10-02T16:31:10Z  
    I need to delete my account
    or have it updated by an admin
    i mistakenly added my country of residence as United States instead of India
    can the admin here please change it for me
    if not you are free to delete my account (everything)
    since i just have registered it and have nothing important as of now.
  • amidewar
    amidewar
    126 Posts

‏2010-10-04T10:55:36Z  
    You should be able to update your country of residence in your profile - go to https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/profiles/html/my ProfileView.do? and select General info and change the address.

Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2010-10-14T15:01:14Z  
    • amidewar
    • ‏2010-10-04T10:55:36Z
    You should be able to update your country of residence in your profile - go to https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/profiles/html/my ProfileView.do? and select General info and change the address.

Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
    Hi,

I think one big problem is also that your user-id is your registration email as well, so if you have to change your email account in the future there is no other way I found than create a new account.

I have 2 accounts I want to remove.
  • amidewar
    amidewar
    126 Posts

‏2010-10-15T11:08:48Z  
    Hi,

I think one big problem is also that your user-id is your registration email as well, so if you have to change your email account in the future there is no other way I found than create a new account.

I have 2 accounts I want to remove.
    Yes, your registration ID must be in the form of an e-mail address. But you are able to access your profile/account anytime and modify your email address and this has no implication with your registration id (It will stay the same as it was originally).

Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

‏2010-10-15T11:46:10Z  
    • amidewar
    • ‏2010-10-15T11:08:48Z
    Yes, your registration ID must be in the form of an e-mail address. But you are able to access your profile/account anytime and modify your email address and this has no implication with your registration id (It will stay the same as it was originally).

Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
    Hi,
    I remember i tried once to change my login-id with a new email but it was not possible, so I ended up creating 2 additional profiles I want and have to delete now...

anyway, there should be a easy way to just delete those profiles online once you have logged in, as in other websites.

I don't understand why I have to call to a non-free toll helpdesk number to do this.

Regards,

Pablo
  • amidewar
    amidewar
    126 Posts

‏2010-10-15T11:52:15Z  
    Hi,
    I remember i tried once to change my login-id with a new email but it was not possible, so I ended up creating 2 additional profiles I want and have to delete now...

anyway, there should be a easy way to just delete those profiles online once you have logged in, as in other websites.

I don't understand why I have to call to a non-free toll helpdesk number to do this.

Regards,

Pablo
    If you are trying to change your login id - that does require a new account. If you are just changing your e-mail address you can do that through your developerWorks profile. Unfortunately, the only way to delete those extra accounts is still by calling the help line as you did before. We'll certainly keep everyone informed if this process changes or is simplified. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
  • d143uok
    d143uok
    2 Posts

‏2011-01-06T14:21:15Z  
    • amidewar
    • ‏2010-10-15T11:52:15Z
    If you are trying to change your login id - that does require a new account. If you are just changing your e-mail address you can do that through your developerWorks profile. Unfortunately, the only way to delete those extra accounts is still by calling the help line as you did before. We'll certainly keep everyone informed if this process changes or is simplified. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ami Dewar
    IBM developerWorks
    Hi Team,

i want to remove my resent post which i have did, can you please help me to remove that.
    Sub:TNS:Connect timeout occurred

Thanks
  • john.holtman
    john.holtman
    65 Posts

‏2011-01-06T14:34:02Z  
    • d143uok
    • ‏2011-01-06T14:21:15Z
    Hi Team,

i want to remove my resent post which i have did, can you please help me to remove that.
    Sub:TNS:Connect timeout occurred

Thanks
    To d143uok:

As requested, your post has been deleted.
    John Holtman
    developerWorks Team
  • d143uok
    d143uok
    2 Posts

‏2011-01-06T14:40:16Z  
    To d143uok:

As requested, your post has been deleted.
    John Holtman
    developerWorks Team
    Thanks a lot
  • rsb_113
    rsb_113
    1 Post

‏2011-08-26T12:36:59Z  
    Hi,

Can the thread https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=388541 &tstart=0 be removed please.

Thanks