Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-08-28T01:34:55Z by lliang
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
801 Posts

Pinned topic How to create a dashboard with excel sheet containing string

‏2009-08-26T19:30:34Z |
Which builder I have to use to create a dashboard with an excelsheet which has string not numbers.
Updated on 2009-08-28T01:34:55Z at 2009-08-28T01:34:55Z by lliang
  • lliang
    lliang
    27 Posts

Re: How to create a dashboard with excel sheet containing string

‏2009-08-27T02:00:44Z  
    Hi devil2001,

Not quite sure what you meant by an excelsheet which has string not numbers ..., you may want to first look at Excel Import (Enhanced) builder in WDF, which can read data (of both string and number type) from spreadsheet.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    801 Posts

‏2009-08-27T14:37:30Z  
    • lliang
    • ‏2009-08-27T02:00:44Z
    Hi devil2001,

Not quite sure what you meant by an excelsheet which has string not numbers ..., you may want to first look at Excel Import (Enhanced) builder in WDF, which can read data (of both string and number type) from spreadsheet.
    Used Excel Import- Enhanced builder to import the excel sheet. Next I am using Summary and Drilldown builder to display as a graph, but it's not showing anything, not sure this is because of the excel sheet contains string not numerics. I was successfull with another excel sheet which has numerics in it.
  • lliang
    lliang
    27 Posts

‏2009-08-28T01:34:55Z  
    Used Excel Import- Enhanced builder to import the excel sheet. Next I am using Summary and Drilldown builder to display as a graph, but it's not showing anything, not sure this is because of the excel sheet contains string not numerics. I was successfull with another excel sheet which has numerics in it.
    hi Devil,

I may get you wrong, but strings can not be showed on a graph(chart) for its y-axis which a chart can't not understand.

However, strings can be used for x-axis in a chart, and it can be showed in table as well.

Let me know if I get you wrong, or if convenient could you post your spreedsheet in problem.