Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-09-01T10:22:47Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts

Pinned topic Problem while renaming packages that are under SVN control (with locking)

‏2009-08-18T06:42:15Z |
We are using Rhapsody 7.5 Platform Integration for Eclipse on Windows. Version control of our model files is done via Subversion. Now we wanted to set up the Eclipse SVN support to work with our Rhapsody project. In this project we don't use copy&merge but locking for all the model files (e.g. .sbs or .cmp files).
After setting the "svn:needs-lock" property on all files everything seemed to be fine. If a file has been locked it is marked as read/write if it is unlocked it is only read-only.
The problem appears while renaming a package that is under version control. Then right after typing in a new name (without commit) Eclipse/Rhapsody shows an error message box saying that the renamed package is read-only and cannot be read. After that message Rhapsody/Eclipse crashes and corrupts the main project .rpy file.
Does anyone observed similar problems in his environment ? Does anyone has a workaround ?
Updated on 2009-09-01T10:22:47Z at 2009-09-01T10:22:47Z by SystemAdmin
  • emayer
    emayer
    5 Posts

    Re: Problem while renaming packages that are under SVN control (with locking)

    ‏2009-08-21T16:47:35Z  
    I checked into this and learned you had submitted this separately and formally as a defect. Thanks for doing that.

    I am told a fix is being worked now and is expected to make it into a Rhapsody release soon.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

    Re: Problem while renaming packages that are under SVN control (with locking)

    ‏2009-09-01T10:22:47Z  
    We did some further examination on that and found out that the problem disappears if another SVN Connector is used. It seems that not all of them write-protect the file right after it has been renamed.

    We additionally installed subversive like described under the link below and used the Connector SVNKIT 1.3.0:
    http://javathreads.de/2008/07/subversion-unter-eclipse-ganymede-konfigurieren/

    Perhaps it is sufficient to just install this SVNKIT 1.3.0 connector (but I didn't tried this)
    Hope that helps for all who have the same problem.