Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-02T17:17:24Z by SystemAdmin
jyothi_avd@yahoo.co.in
3 Posts

Pinned topic CRFCP0050E: No screen point found for object

‏2009-08-17T21:26:00Z |
I am getting this error,when I am clicking dynamic menu/javascript menu item. I tried hover(), sleep(), obj().click(atPoint()) methods to solve the issue, but nothing worked out. Any one can suggest me the solution? I am using RFT 8.1 and IE 7. Here, i got the sub menu item object through the find method and I want to click that submenu item.
Updated on 2012-11-02T17:17:24Z at 2012-11-02T17:17:24Z by SystemAdmin
  • Jason_Z
    Jason_Z
    48 Posts

Re: CRFCP0050E: No screen point found for object

‏2009-08-17T23:02:31Z  
    I've had a similar problem, but not with a popup menu. In my case, it's just a button. I can see the button on the screen, hover() works fine and getScreenPoint() returns correct coordinates, but when I call click on that button, I get a UnsupportedActionException with details "No screen point found for object".

To get around it, I overrode the onTestObjectMethodException() handler in my super helper class, modifying some code that I found in similar discussions on this forum. In there, I use the result of obj().getScreenPoint() to click at the screen instead of the object. It looks like this:

public 

void onTestObjectMethodException(ITestObjectMethodState tomsState, TestObject toObject) 
    {   Throwable tException = tomsState.getThrowable();   String sDomain = toObject.getDomain().getName().toString();   

if ((toObject != 

null) && sDomain.equals(
    "Html")) 
    { String sMethod = tomsState.getMethod();   

if (sMethod.equals(
    "click") && (tException 

instanceof UnsupportedActionException) && (tException.getMessage().contains(
    "No screen point found"))) 
    {   Point ptScreenPt = ((GuiTestObject) toObject).getScreenPoint(); 

if ((ptScreenPt != 

null) && (ptScreenPt.x != 0) && (ptScreenPt.y != 0)) 
    { System.out.println(
    "Attempting to fix 'no screen point' problem " + 
    "by  clicking using screen coordinates " + ptScreenPt.x + 
    ","   + ptScreenPt.y + 
    " instead of the TestObject."); Object[] a_oArgs = tomsState.getArgs(); MouseModifiers mmMouseMods = 

new MouseModifiers(MouseModifiers.MOUSE_LEFT); 

if (a_oArgs != 

null) 
    { 

for (Object arg : a_oArgs) 
    { 

if (arg 

instanceof MouseModifiers) 
    { mmMouseMods = (MouseModifiers)arg; 
    } 
    } 
    } getScreen().click(mmMouseMods, ptScreenPt); 
    /* * click() returns a void, so we tell the Object Handler * to return null to the caller of the click() method. */ tomsState.setReturnValue(

null); 

return; 
    }   
    } 
    }   super.onTestObjectMethodException(tomsState, toObject); 
    }

• Sathish804
    Sathish804
    1366 Posts

‏2009-08-18T05:36:31Z  
    • Jason_Z
    • ‏2009-08-17T23:02:31Z
    I've had a similar problem, but not with a popup menu. In my case, it's just a button. I can see the button on the screen, hover() works fine and getScreenPoint() returns correct coordinates, but when I call click on that button, I get a UnsupportedActionException with details "No screen point found for object".

To get around it, I overrode the onTestObjectMethodException() handler in my super helper class, modifying some code that I found in similar discussions on this forum. In there, I use the result of obj().getScreenPoint() to click at the screen instead of the object. It looks like this:

<pre class="jive-pre"> public void onTestObjectMethodException(ITestObjectMethodState tomsState, TestObject toObject) { Throwable tException = tomsState.getThrowable(); String sDomain = toObject.getDomain().getName().toString(); if ((toObject != null) && sDomain.equals( "Html")) { String sMethod = tomsState.getMethod(); if (sMethod.equals( "click") && (tException instanceof UnsupportedActionException) && (tException.getMessage().contains( "No screen point found"))) { Point ptScreenPt = ((GuiTestObject) toObject).getScreenPoint(); if ((ptScreenPt != null) && (ptScreenPt.x != 0) && (ptScreenPt.y != 0)) { System.out.println( "Attempting to fix 'no screen point' problem " + "by clicking using screen coordinates " + ptScreenPt.x + "," + ptScreenPt.y + " instead of the TestObject."); Object[] a_oArgs = tomsState.getArgs(); MouseModifiers mmMouseMods = new MouseModifiers(MouseModifiers.MOUSE_LEFT); if (a_oArgs != null) { for (Object arg : a_oArgs) { if (arg instanceof MouseModifiers) { mmMouseMods = (MouseModifiers)arg; } } } getScreen().click(mmMouseMods, ptScreenPt); /* * click() returns a void, so we tell the Object Handler * to return null to the caller of the click() method. */ tomsState.setReturnValue( null); return; } } } super.onTestObjectMethodException(tomsState, toObject); } </pre>
    Hi Jason,

can you please elaborate how to use this method in script??
  • jyothi_avd@yahoo.co.in
    3 Posts

‏2009-08-18T14:29:55Z  
    • Jason_Z

<pre class="jive-pre"> public void onTestObjectMethodException(ITestObjectMethodState tomsState, TestObject toObject) { Throwable tException = tomsState.getThrowable(); String sDomain = toObject.getDomain().getName().toString(); if ((toObject != null) && sDomain.equals( "Html")) { String sMethod = tomsState.getMethod(); if (sMethod.equals( "click") && (tException instanceof UnsupportedActionException) && (tException.getMessage().contains( "No screen point found"))) { Point ptScreenPt = ((GuiTestObject) toObject).getScreenPoint(); if ((ptScreenPt != null) && (ptScreenPt.x != 0) && (ptScreenPt.y != 0)) { System.out.println( "Attempting to fix 'no screen point' problem " + "by clicking using screen coordinates " + ptScreenPt.x + "," + ptScreenPt.y + " instead of the TestObject."); Object[] a_oArgs = tomsState.getArgs(); MouseModifiers mmMouseMods = new MouseModifiers(MouseModifiers.MOUSE_LEFT); if (a_oArgs != null) { for (Object arg : a_oArgs) { if (arg instanceof MouseModifiers) { mmMouseMods = (MouseModifiers)arg; } } } getScreen().click(mmMouseMods, ptScreenPt); /* * click() returns a void, so we tell the Object Handler * to return null to the caller of the click() method. */ tomsState.setReturnValue( null); return; } } } super.onTestObjectMethodException(tomsState, toObject); } </pre>
    Thanks Jason.
    Above code solved my problem.
  • Jason_Z
    Jason_Z
    48 Posts

‏2009-08-18T15:52:53Z  
    Hi Jason,

can you please elaborate how to use this method in script??
    This is one of the "handlers" that RFT exposes to tests for overriding. This particular handler will get invoked anytime a TestObject method (like click()) throws an exception. By adding this method to a super helper class (that one or more of your scripts extend), you are replacing the RFT default version of this handler (which is probably just a blank stub) with your own. The reasons for overriding these handlers is usually to try to fix the problem or do some sort of cleanup. You don't ever call it directly.

The code I provided tries to fix a specific problem and resume execution.

You can find more info on these handlers in the RFT docs at:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtnlhelp/v6r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.rational.test.ft.help/com/rational/test/ft/script/IObjectManagerEventListener.html
  • Sathish804
    Sathish804
    1366 Posts

‏2009-08-19T14:13:28Z  
    • Jason_Z
    • ‏2009-08-18T15:52:53Z
    This is one of the "handlers" that RFT exposes to tests for overriding. This particular handler will get invoked anytime a TestObject method (like click()) throws an exception. By adding this method to a super helper class (that one or more of your scripts extend), you are replacing the RFT default version of this handler (which is probably just a blank stub) with your own. The reasons for overriding these handlers is usually to try to fix the problem or do some sort of cleanup. You don't ever call it directly.

The code I provided tries to fix a specific problem and resume execution.

You can find more info on these handlers in the RFT docs at:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtnlhelp/v6r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.rational.test.ft.help/com/rational/test/ft/script/IObjectManagerEventListener.html
    Thanks Jason
  • msudhars
    msudhars
    1 Post

‏2010-02-10T10:17:58Z  
    Sorry for digging up the old post and replying to it.

I tried using Jaison's solution but there is a problem in my data:

There is a condition in the code:
    if ((ptScreenPt != null) && (ptScreenPt.x != 0) && (ptScreenPt.y != 0))

--> this condition is not satisfied bcos my ptScreenPt.x is returning zero.

Is there any way to handle when one of the coordinates return zero?

Thanks,
    Mehala
  • Jason_Z
    Jason_Z
    48 Posts

‏2010-02-11T15:27:27Z  
    • msudhars
    • ‏2010-02-10T10:17:58Z
    Sorry for digging up the old post and replying to it.

I tried using Jaison's solution but there is a problem in my data:

There is a condition in the code:
    if ((ptScreenPt != null) && (ptScreenPt.x != 0) && (ptScreenPt.y != 0))

--> this condition is not satisfied bcos my ptScreenPt.x is returning zero.

Is there any way to handle when one of the coordinates return zero?

Thanks,
    Mehala
    Is the object really at the very top of the screen? If so, you could remove the checks for x & y being 0 (leaving the check for null) and let it go through.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts

‏2012-11-02T17:17:24Z  
    • Jason_Z

Hi,
    Thanks for the solution for "No screen point found" exception.

I am trying to click on the URL as a result of search from the code without recording it.
    I have followed the solution provided bellow and end up with "No screen point found" exception and found your solution.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/06/0711_nowacki_nodwell/

After adding the method to the supper class to overwrite the onTestObjectMethodException methos, I have got the following exception.

By adding prinln to the onTestObjectMethodException method and trace it, I have noticed when the code trys to click on the URL and cannot find screen point, it cause an exception and goes to overwitten method but within the same method, again cause an exception and goes back the same method but this time some how loses the object that was trying to get screen point for if and cause the following excpetion.

This is the line that casusing the "No screen point found" exception within onTestObjectMethodException method
    Point ptScreenPt = ((GuiTestObject) toObject).getScreenPoint();

WrappedExceptionhttp://java.lang.NullPointerException - null
    at com.rational.test.ft.domain.html.AnchorProxy.getScreenRectangle(AnchorProxy.java:377)
    at com.rational.test.ft.domain.html.HtmlGuiProxy.getScreenPoint(HtmlGuiProxy.java:655)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.FtReflection.invokeMethod2Ext(FtReflection.java:1252)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.FtReflection.invokeMethodExt(FtReflection.java:1452)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.FtReflection.invokeMethodExt(FtReflection.java:1637)
    at com.rational.test.ft.domain.ChannelObjectMethodInvoker$Invoker.send(ChannelObjectMethodInvoker.java:170)
    at com.rational.test.ft.domain.ChannelRunnable.run(ChannelRunnable.java:122)
    at com.rational.test.ft.domain.ThreadChannel.open(ThreadChannel.java:307)

at com.rational.test.ft.RationalTestException.fillinCombinedStackTrace(RationalTestException.java:252)
    at com.rational.test.ft.domain.ChannelRunnable.throwException(ChannelRunnable.java:194)
    at com.rational.test.ft.domain.ThreadChannel.send(ThreadChannel.java:171)
    at com.rational.test.ft.domain.ChannelObjectMethodInvoker.invokeMethod(ChannelObjectMethodInvoker.java:72)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.TestContext.sendMessageCallback(TestContext.java:859)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.Mailslot.drainSendQueue(Mailslot.java:430)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.Mailslot.waitForMessage(Mailslot.java:403)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.TestContext.run(TestContext.java:1072)

at com.rational.test.ft.RationalTestException.fillinCombinedStackTrace(RationalTestException.java:252)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.RemoteInvokeMessage.checkThrowable(RemoteInvokeMessage.java:441)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.TestContext$Reference.invoke(TestContext.java:3113)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.TestContext$Reference.invoke(TestContext.java:3016)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.TestObjectMethodInvoker.invokeMethod(TestObjectMethodInvoker.java:2287)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.TestObjectMethodInvoker.tryOnce(TestObjectMethodInvoker.java:2484)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.Transaction$Retryer.tryRepeatedly(Transaction.java:368)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.TestObjectMethodInvoker.findObjectAndInvokeInternal(TestObjectMethodInvoker.java:534)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.TestObjectMethodInvoker.findObjectAndInvoke(TestObjectMethodInvoker.java:441)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.ObjectManager.findObjectAndInvokeEx(ObjectManager.java:361)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.ObjectManager.findObjectAndInvoke(ObjectManager.java:320)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.ClientTestObject.invokeProxy(ClientTestObject.java:411)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.TestObject.invokeProxy(TestObject.java:1588)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.GuiTestObject.getScreenPoint(GuiTestObject.java:374)
    at resources.clinic.AddClinicHelper.onTestObjectMethodException(AddClinicHelper.java:1796)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.TestObjectMethodInvoker.findObjectAndInvokeInternal(TestObjectMethodInvoker.java:895)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.TestObjectMethodInvoker.findObjectAndInvoke(TestObjectMethodInvoker.java:441)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.ObjectManager.findObjectAndInvokeEx(ObjectManager.java:361)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.manager.ObjectManager.findObjectAndInvoke(ObjectManager.java:320)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.ClientTestObject.invokeProxy(ClientTestObject.java:411)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.GuiTestObject.invokeProxyWithGuiDelay(GuiTestObject.java:504)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.GuiTestObject.invokeProxyWithGuiDelay(GuiTestObject.java:566)
    at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.GuiTestObject.click(GuiTestObject.java:593)
    at clinic.AddClinic.testMain(AddClinic.java:188)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.FtReflection.invokeMethod2Ext(FtReflection.java:1252)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.FtReflection.invokeMethodExt(FtReflection.java:1452)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.FtReflection.invokeMethodExt(FtReflection.java:1805)
    at com.rational.test.ft.script.RationalTestScript.runMainInner(RationalTestScript.java:1040)
    at com.rational.test.ft.script.RationalTestScript.runMain(RationalTestScript.java:964)
    at com.rational.test.ft.script.RationalTestScript.runMain(RationalTestScript.java:862)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at com.rational.test.ft.sys.FtReflection.invokeMethodExt(FtReflection.java:1805)
    at com.rational.test.ft.application.ScriptPlayback.runScript(ScriptPlayback.java:875)
    at com.rational.test.ft.application.ScriptPlayback.run(ScriptPlayback.java:753)
    at com.rational.test.ft.application.RationalFtMain.run(RationalFtMain.java:2479)
    at com.rational.test.ft.application.RationalFtMain.main(RationalFtMain.java:351)
    at com.rational.test.ft.application.CommandLineApplication.run(CommandLineApplication.java:39)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethodWithException(EclipseAppContainer.java:587)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:198)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:34)
    at com.rational.test.ft.rational_ft.startFT(rational_ft.java:315)
    at com.rational.test.ft.rational_ft.main(rational_ft.java:186)

I have printed the object property to find out if contain screen point, it seems it does.

{onmousedown=null Object, .offsetTop=-1, onbeforeeditfocus=null Object, .name=, ondragover=null Object, onlayoutcomplete=null Object, aria-pressed=, hreflang=, aria-required=, onkeypress=null Object, hideFocus=false, .tag=A, coords=, aria-describedby=, onblur=null Object, aria-valuenow=, onhelp=null Object, dataSrc=, aria-invalid=, ondatasetcomplete=null Object, aria-valuemax=, onfocusout=null Object, oncontrolselect=null Object, aria-owns=, aria-controls=, .hasScript=true, accessKey=, .screenTop=300, onpage=null Object, onmousemove=null Object, title=, onbeforepaste=null Object, ondataavailable=null Object, .href=http://142.107.108.40:9080/adp/signingAuthority/add_clinic.faces#, onmoveend=null Object, shape=, .offsetLeft=-1, ondeactivate=null Object, onmouseleave=null Object, onrowsinserted=null Object, .id=clinicInputForm:changeTabActionLink, aria-valuemin=, .hasFocus=false, .className=, implementation=null Object, aria-readonly=, onmouseenter=null Object, ondragleave=null Object, disabled=false, aria-expanded=, .class=Html.A, charset=, onerrorupdate=null Object, onresizeend=null Object, ondragenter=null Object, ondragstart=null Object, oncut=null Object, onbeforecut=null Object, onmovestart=null Object, ondrag=null Object, .offsetHeight=0, onclick=if(typeof jsfcljs == 'function'){jsfcljs(document.forms,{'clinicInputForm:changeTabActionLink':'clinicInputForm:changeTabActionLink'},'');}return false, aria-checked=, onafterupdate=null Object, contentEditable=inherit, onmousewheel=null Object, lang=, onselectstart=null Object, aria-activedescendant=, name=, aria-live=, onbeforeupdate=null Object, aria-disabled=, onrowenter=null Object, dataFormatAs=, aria-haspopup=, onfocus=null Object, .text=, onmove=null Object, ondatasetchanged=null Object, oncellchange=null Object, aria-hidden=, ondblclick=null Object, aria-flowto=, .screenLeft=26, type=, onkeydown=null Object, tabIndex=0, .bounds=java.awt.Rectanglex=26,y=300,width=0,height=0, aria-busy=, onscroll=null Object, onmouseover=null Object, aria-labelledby=, onmouseout=null Object, aria-multiselectable=, oncopy=null Object, aria-relevant=, onkeyup=null Object, onresize=null Object, .disabled=false, href=http://142.107.108.40:9080/adp/signingAuthority/add_clinic.faces#, onmouseup=null Object, .contentText=, rev=, oncontextmenu=null Object, aria-selected=, .title=, onfilterchange=null Object, rel=, aria-level=0, onrowsdelete=null Object, onpaste=null Object, onlosecapture=null Object, methods=, onfocusin=null Object, class=, ondragend=null Object, style=DISPLAY: none; VISIBILITY: hidden, onresizestart=null Object, id=clinicInputForm:changeTabActionLink, ondrop=null Object, onbeforecopy=null Object, onrowexit=null Object, role=, dataFld=, dir=, onbeforedeactivate=null Object, language=, aria-setsize=0, onreadystatechange=null Object, target=, urn=, .offsetWidth=0, aria-secret=, onpropertychange=null Object, onactivate=null Object, onbeforeactivate=null Object, aria-posinset=0}

Any idea?