6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-20T17:04:04Z by Sunit
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
37422 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic XA Exceptions in migrated application

‏2009-08-12T10:49:51Z |
Hi;

I have been trying to migrate an application running on WAS 6.0.2.0 and AIX to a virtual Windows 2003 machine. To make things harder we have decieded to upgrade the WAS version to 7.0.0.5. It is an application using XA transaction on a remote JMS Server (SonicMQ) and local Sybase ASE 15.0.2 database server. I tried to configure the WAS 7.0 server identical to WAS 6.0 server. The only difference was with 7.0 for JMS resources, after creating a JMS provider for SonicMQ I defined "Queue Connection Factories" instead of Connection Factory definition in 6.0. Besides this, I only had to add another Jar to the classpath for SonicMQ and that was it.
After the problem I found out that the two jar I had previously defined to the classpath were missing (one of them changed location actually)
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}\lib\tmx4jc.jar
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}\lib\management.jar -->${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}\lib\webapp\management.jar

I'am not sure these are main reson to the problems. After this brief entry, I get the following error message on server startup

8/12/09 12:53:28:282 EEST 00000007 J2CXAResource W J2CA0061W: Error creating XA Connection and Resource java.lang.Exception: Parameter xaResInfo lacks an RA wrapper and an RA wrapper could not be resolved using RA key.
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.J2CXAResourceFactory$1.run(J2CXAResourceFactory.java:237)
at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.J2CXAResourceFactory.getXAResource(J2CXAResourceFactory.java:185)
at com.ibm.ws.Transaction.JTA.XARecoveryData.getXARminst(XARecoveryData.java:431)
at com.ibm.ws.Transaction.JTA.XARecoveryData.recover(XARecoveryData.java:557)
at com.ibm.tx.jta.PartnerLogTable.recover(PartnerLogTable.java:389)
at com.ibm.tx.jta.RecoveryManager.resync(RecoveryManager.java:1523)
at com.ibm.ws.tx.jta.RecoveryManager.performResync(RecoveryManager.java:126)
at com.ibm.tx.jta.RecoveryManager.run(RecoveryManager.java:2200)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:735)

Then periodically (like 2 minutes) the following trace:

8/12/09 12:55:28:467 EEST 00000007 J2CXAResource W J2CA0061W: Error creating XA Connection and Resource java.lang.Excepti
on: Parameter xaResInfo lacks an RA wrapper and an RA wrapper could not be resolved using RA key.
at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.J2CXAResourceFactory.getXAResource(J2CXAResourceFactory.java:185)
at com.ibm.ws.Transaction.JTA.XARecoveryData.getXARminst(XARecoveryData.java:431)

8/12/09 12:55:28:467 EEST 00000007 XARecoveryDat W WTRN0005W: The XAResource for a transaction participant could not be r
ecreated and transaction recovery may not be able to complete properly. The resource was J2CXAResourceInfo :
cfName = JMS$null$JMSManagedConnection@1131234157
configProps = Deployed Resource Adapter Properties
TransactionResourceRegistration java.lang.String dynamic
InactiveConnectionSupport java.lang.Boolean true
mcfClassname java.lang.String com.ibm.ejs.jms.GenericJMSManagedQueueConnectionFactory
mcfConnectorName java.lang.String JMS$null
mcfProviderURL java.lang.String tcp://10.72.0.24:2506
mcfContextFactoryClassname java.lang.String com.sonicsw.jndi.mfcontext.MFContextFactory
mcfJndiPath java.lang.String TakasSgExternalXAQueueConnectionFactory

dd = Resource Adapter DD
ManagedConnectionFactory Class Name: com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSManagedQueueSessionFactory
Connection Factory Interface Name: NO_CF_INTERFACE_SPECIFIED
Transaction Support: 2
Reauthentication Support: false

dsProps = {java.naming.security.principal=Administrator, java.naming.security.credentials=Administrator}
mcfProps = null
mmProps = null
mbeanProps = null
cmConfig =
Resource-ref CMConfigData key items

res-sharing-scope: 0 (SHAREABLE)
res-isolation-level: 0 (TRANSACTION_NONE)
res-auth: 1 (APPLICATION)
isCMP1_x: false (not CMP1.x)
isJMS: true (JMS)
commitPriority 0
loginConfigurationName: null
loginConfigProperties: null
Resource ref name: not set

Resource-ref non-key items

J2EE Name: not set
isCMP: false (not set)
isWar: false (looked-up component was not a War module)

recoveryClasspath = null
raKey = null
. The exception stack trace follows: com.ibm.ws.Transaction.XAResourceNotAvailableException: java.lang.Exception: Parameter x
aResInfo lacks an RA wrapper and an RA wrapper could not be resolved using RA key.
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.J2CXAResourceFactory.getXAResource(J2CXAResourceFactory.java:399)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Parameter xaResInfo lacks an RA wrapper and an RA wrapper could not be resolved using RA key.

... 7 more
I have attached the server log for the startup, if you can provide any hint I'll be most grateful..
TIA

Orkan
Updated on 2013-01-20T17:04:04Z at 2013-01-20T17:04:04Z by Sunit
  • mamwl1
    mamwl1
    212 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: XA Exceptions in migrated application

‏2009-08-12T14:39:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Orkan.

Just to let you know this is being looked at by IBM and we will get back to you shortly.

Regards, Matt.
    • mamwl1
      mamwl1
      212 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-12T17:02:30Z  in response to mamwl1
      Hi.

This would appear to be a defect in WAS 7. Can you please raise a PMR via your IBM support representative.
      It would be worth providing my name (Matt Leming) and email address (lemingma@uk.ibm.com) in order to get it directed to the appropriate team.

Regards, Matt.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        37422 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-12T18:35:16Z  in response to mamwl1
        Thanks Matt;

I will do it as soon as I get back office.. I hope to get a resolution, this week has been a nightmare..
        Regards..

Orkan
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          37422 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-22T09:24:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Orkan,

I am facing the same errors, can you let me know if you had any response from IBM on the same.
          Thanks

Regards
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        37422 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-19T02:40:25Z  in response to mamwl1
        Hi,
        Do we have a fix? I'm having the same problem in WAS7 except I'm using Tibco EMS provider. I can talk to my IBM support team and open a PMR if you can confirm there exists a fix. Thank you!

Regards,
        Karthik
        • Sunit
          Sunit
          186 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-20T17:04:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Karthik,

This is an old thread. Perhaps describing your environment and the exact error you are seeing might help.

Please include the version nad platform of WebSphere Application Server, JDBC Driver and Database. In either case opening a PMR always helps.

--Sunit