Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-09-15T17:26:07Z by abc11def
Jiji
Jiji
14 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Help on ActiveInsight Status Map Display

‏2009-08-11T07:48:00Z |
Hi,

I have installed ActiveInsight in my PC and added the dashboard samples & tutorials to my project. When I run the sample tutorial (WebContent\solutions\wbse\scorecardintergration), I am getting the following message:
"ActiveInsight login information not set. Please provide User ID and password in Personalization."

My requirement here, I need to create scorecard for my client. But the problem here, I don’t understand how the “Graph and Reports  Status Map” works. As per my understanding, the Navigator portlet in the upper left corner (Hierarchy) retrieves information from LDAP. How can I create Status Map which displays data for each individual’s in the hierarchy? (Please refer to the attachment).

Hope someone could help me on this issue. If possible please send me a sample working model that describes how Status Map works. Also include some red books or tutorials that provide steps to create and deploy the scorecards.

Thanks & Regards
Jiji
Updated on 2009-09-15T17:26:07Z at 2009-09-15T17:26:07Z by abc11def
  • abc11def
    abc11def
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Help on ActiveInsight Status Map Display

‏2009-08-13T18:52:46Z  in response to Jiji
    Hi,

Can you please let me know which version of WDF, LAI and portal that are installed on your system?

In general, if you can find a user in the navigator portlet, you may display the scorecard for that user. Then from the
    scorecard, you can display the status map?

Are you trying this from WDF or a regaular LAI install?

Lun
    • Jiji
      Jiji
      14 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-18T02:38:51Z  in response to abc11def
      Hi Lun,

LAI - Version 6.0
      WDF - Version 6.1.2
      Portal - Version 6.0.1

Basically, i am trying to create a new portlet with WDF which later need to implement LAI features such as Status Map. As mentioned before, I dun understand how Status Map displays data for each individual’s in the hierarchy.

Any sample model will be helpful. Thank you.

Regards,
      Jiji
      • abc11def
        abc11def
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-24T17:36:43Z  in response to Jiji
        so you just need to display data using UI features like status map, you don't really need to use LAI, is that correct? does your data come from LAI or somewhere else?
        • Jiji
          Jiji
          14 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-27T02:30:47Z  in response to abc11def
          Actually the data for dashboard and scorecard comes from DB2. But, I have no idea on how the Status Map works and where it pulls the data from. My requirement here, i need to create scorecards for a client which is similar as in the IBM Demo (see the attachment). How to achieve this? Especially the Status Map.
          • wudongf
            wudongf
            289 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-27T07:47:58Z  in response to Jiji
            Hi,

I'm not familiar with scorecard. As far as I know, Status Map is an flash built with openlaszlo. But neither scorecard nor dashboard provide any APIs to create similar Status Map.
            • abc11def
              abc11def
              4 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-15T17:26:07Z  in response to wudongf
              Dashboard provides drill down and charting capability. However, you are right, there is no API to create flash like GUI.