Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-04-29T07:28:10Z by manojrobi
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5837 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic db2move COPY from local OS X 9.5 beta to remote Linux 9.7

‏2009-08-06T22:24:09Z |
I have been able to do a remote db2move COPY of a DB from a remote Linux server to a local instance on OS X Leopard. I am trying to do the reverse. It successfully creates the schema (the tables and views are there), but fails to move the data over. I get the following for every table:

171 Schema : <schemaname>.<tablename>
Type : TABLE
Error Msg : LOAD operation problem
DDL : SQLCODE = -1013 SQLSTATE = 42705 TOKENS = <local_dbname>

Clearly it's finding the DB in order to create the schema, but that set of SQLCODE/SQLSTATE is apparently it telling me that, "The database alias name or database name <local_dbname> could not be found."

Any ideas? Is this just not supported on the Mac version?

(As an aside... I've searched but not found any answers to the oft-asked question of if/when a 9.7 version for the Mac might be released. Any thoughts there?)
Thanks,
Mike
Updated on 2009-08-12T16:44:32Z at 2009-08-12T16:44:32Z by SystemAdmin
  • Z-Company
    Z-Company
    310 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: db2move COPY from local OS X 9.5 beta to remote Linux 9.7

‏2009-08-12T16:18:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    You need to run db2move at target server. Also check if you have databases catalogued correctly: db2 list database directory
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5837 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-12T16:44:32Z  in response to Z-Company
      You are saying that db2move only works when run from the command line of the target? That is... disappointing. The issue for me is that I am NAT'ed behind a firewall separate from the remote server. I was able to fairly easily open a tunnel to the remote. Opening one in the opposite direction will be more interesting.

Does someone here know the reasoning behind this behavior or is it considered bug or missing feature? I ask in part to understand whether we should expect this to ever work in the other direction.
      ~Mike
      • manojrobi
        manojrobi
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-04-29T07:28:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hello,

did you get the solution to this problem ? I am hitting this issue while moving my data to a remote server ?

Thanks

Manoj