Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-09-19T10:45:48Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1493 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Deployment problem on WAS 6.1

‏2009-07-29T21:22:20Z |
Using WPF for linux I'm trying to deploy my application to a WAS v6.1. I'm getting the following error on browser:

SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /
{projectName
}/factory/designer/preview_webapp.jsp has not been defined.   SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle localhost:10040 has not been defined.   IBM WebSphere Application Server

The return URL is:
http://localhost:10040/{projectName}/factory/designer/preview_webapp.jsp?redirectTo=http://localhost:10040/{projectName}/webengine/{modelName}

Seems like a deployment problem, but I can't see a way out.

I have a locally installed Portal v6.1 and WAS v6.1.

Project properties are:
> Properties

> WebSphere Portlet Factory Project Properties

(main window)
  • Syncronize WAR for dev testing

[x] Automatically Synchronize Dev WAR

Development WAR location: /opt/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/installedApps/node01/{projectName}.ear/wpf.war

• Synchronize Portlet WAR

[ ] Automatically Synchronize Portlet WAR

Portlet WAR location: /opt/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/installedApps/node01/PA_WPF_1.ear/{projectName}.war
(project deployment configurations)
Application Server Deployment Configuration:
> port: 10040
> Host: localhost
> Auto Deploy: yes
> Archive: {projectName}.ear

Portal Server Deployment Configuration:
> Portlet API: Java Standard 1.0
> WPRoot: /opt/IBM/WebSphere/PortalServer
> Auto Deploy: yes
> Archive: {projectName}.war

Thanks in advance!
Updated on 2011-09-19T10:45:48Z at 2011-09-19T10:45:48Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Deployment problem on WAS 6.1

‏2009-07-29T22:12:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I tried manually installing the PA_{projectName}.war into WAS. Installation was successful, but the application could not be started. WAS gave out an error saying the application could not be started because it is installed on a different server.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I specified this on WPF Project Properties just above?
    • mb2
      mb2
      120 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-07-30T12:51:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,
      On the first issue, are you sure that port 10040 is the right port? To confirm in your WAS console, navigate to Application servers > WebSphere_Portal > Ports and check the value for WC_defaulthost. If it's not the correct port, try the right one in your url, and see if the app is found. Is the app listed in your WAS admin as being published?

For the second post, I think that you published the app to one server, and are trying to start it from another. I.e. pulished to server1, but are in the WebSphere_Portal WAS admin console, or vice versa. You can't start an app from the other.

Hope this helps,
      bouge
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1493 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-07-30T17:09:22Z  in response to mb2
        I have successfully accessed the application my changing the WAS port to 10000.

Thanks!
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1493 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-09-19T10:45:48Z  in response to mb2
        when running the portal i have this message also ....A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle localhost:10040 has not been defined. IBM WebSphere Application Server ..... i checked the port of WC_defaulthost it is correct .

the portal doesn't work what is the solution ?
        Don't be afraid from loosing .... at least you have the honor of trying.