• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-10-06T10:27:02Z by E:S
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
101 Posts

Pinned topic IntelliStation Z Pro 6223-ATU power supply fan

‏2009-07-27T23:46:12Z |
Hi,
I would like to know if the IntelliStation Z Pro power supply fan runs continuously (after PC is turned off)
IntelliStation Z Pro 6223-ATU
Thanks in advance.

P.S. I googled it, but I couldn't find anything about this, I have read all the information regarding this computer
on IBM website and couldn't find anything about the power supply fan.
Updated on 2009-10-06T10:27:02Z at 2009-10-06T10:27:02Z by E:S
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    101 Posts

Re: IntelliStation Z Pro 6223-ATU power supply fan

‏2009-08-02T17:59:20Z  
    I don't have the answer, but I do have the same situation and, consequently, same question. My "factory refurbished" 6223-22U power supply fan does not shut off. I first assumed it continued running until a thermostat sensed a certain temperature and would then shut off. Not true, I came in the next day and the fan was still running. I can’t imagine any reason for the fan to run continuously, so I'm thinking more in terms of a bad thermostat. I turned up nothing on Google either. It seems like someone at IBM could answer this relatively simple question.
  • E:S
    E:S
    1 Post

Re: IntelliStation Z Pro 6223-ATU power supply fan

‏2009-10-06T10:27:02Z  
    I don't have the answer, but I do have the same situation and, consequently, same question. My "factory refurbished" 6223-22U power supply fan does not shut off. I first assumed it continued running until a thermostat sensed a certain temperature and would then shut off. Not true, I came in the next day and the fan was still running. I can’t imagine any reason for the fan to run continuously, so I'm thinking more in terms of a bad thermostat. I turned up nothing on Google either. It seems like someone at IBM could answer this relatively simple question.
    Hi, I have a 6223-CTO and have the same behaviour of the PSU fan. Any clues or ideas?

Regards,
    E:S