Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2009-07-20T13:18:02Z by purban
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
20 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Hierarchical Object Model Diagrams

‏2009-07-17T21:15:45Z |
Hello,
I need to describe a system hierarchically, starting with a high level picture, and then providing a deeper insight at each lower level.
I am using the Modeler and I cannot find a way to make hierchical object model diagrams. Once I make an object model diagram, if I right-click on that diagram, there is no option to add a new OMD. Instead, I can only add sequence, state, structure or activity.
I would think that this would be a pretty common modeling requirement. Would be interesting to know how others have solved this problem.
Thank you.
Updated on 2009-07-20T13:18:02Z at 2009-07-20T13:18:02Z by purban
  • purban
    purban
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Hierarchical Object Model Diagrams

‏2009-07-20T13:18:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    A structure diagram can be used to add further decompostion of a class or object. A parts can be created within the structure diagram to indicate the objects that are owned by a class.

You can use also hyperlinks to create navigations between various elements within the model. From the browser right click on an element then do Add New->Relations->Hyperlink. Here you can then create navigations to various model elements or diagrams.

Also, as a note each element within Modeler has a Main Diagram. This can be located under the General tab of the features of each modeling element. Then if you right click on the element in a diagram you can choose Navigate->Open Main Diagram. The Main diagram is useful to bring up the key diagram for the element. It can be any type of diagram, OMD, structure, statechart, sequence diagram, etc.