Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-10-02T12:28:18Z by Shoes
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
642 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to launch Support Assistant v4.1 on XP - Single sign-on error

‏2009-07-14T20:09:43Z |
Message is:
Single sign-on account is invalid, the possible reason is your operating system account has changed. You can try to recover your operating system's password to the old one, or inform the administrator.

I changed my Domain password and I am unable to launch SA. I tried to uninstall and reinstall without any success.
Updated on 2010-10-02T12:28:18Z at 2010-10-02T12:28:18Z by Shoes
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    642 Posts

Re: Unable to launch Support Assistant v4.1 on XP - Single sign-on error

‏2009-07-15T14:02:16Z  
    Needed to delete the .keystore.JCEKS.IBM_J9_VM file from my docs and settings\username\IBM\ISAv41\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.rcp.security.auth
  • CrazyIBM
    CrazyIBM
    1 Post

‏2010-02-18T17:36:46Z  
    Needed to delete the .keystore.JCEKS.IBM_J9_VM file from my docs and settings\username\IBM\ISAv41\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.rcp.security.auth
    Thanks Shane Nelson for posting the solution. It fixed my problem as well.
  • dbrand666
    dbrand666
    1 Post

Re: Unable to launch Support Assistant v4.1 on Linux - Single sign-on error

‏2010-04-21T13:56:42Z  
    +1

P.S. On Linux, the filename is ~/ibm/isa41/.metadata/.plugins/com.ibm.rcp.security.auth/.keystore.JCEKS.IBM_J9_VM
  • seniokj
    seniokj
    3 Posts

‏2010-08-29T15:07:31Z  
    Thanks from me too for posting the solution. I had installed ISA under Linux but my userid got messed up and I had to create a new user.
    When I tried to launch ISA under the new user I hit this problem. Followed the advice and ISA then started OK.
  • Carpet
    Carpet
    1 Post

‏2010-09-28T09:17:28Z  
    • seniokj
    • ‏2010-08-29T15:07:31Z
    Thanks from me too for posting the solution. I had installed ISA under Linux but my userid got messed up and I had to create a new user.
    When I tried to launch ISA under the new user I hit this problem. Followed the advice and ISA then started OK.
    Actually IBM Support Assistant is a customizable application which allows it to be tailored for the software products which are of most interest to the user.But when during the installation of this product the following error occurred it gives the log in error so how it can be resolved like when
    "CWPST0064E: Failed to log in" message when Workbench starts In a small number of instances on Windows, a user may get a dialog box when the Workbench starts up with a message:

CWPST0064E: Failed to log in

This might occur if the Windows user's password has recently been changed. To correct this problem, delete the following file:

{user.home}/IBM/ISAv4/.metadata/.plugins/com.ibm.rcp.security.auth/.keystore.JCEKS.IBM_J9_VM

The next time that the workbench is started, a new file will be created; however, the user will need to re-enter a proxy password in the "Network Connections" preferences (if one had previously been supplied)
    Carpet Cleaning Gold Coast
  • Mushrooms
    Mushrooms
    1 Post

‏2010-10-01T10:28:48Z  
    • Carpet
    • ‏2010-09-28T09:17:28Z
    Actually IBM Support Assistant is a customizable application which allows it to be tailored for the software products which are of most interest to the user.But when during the installation of this product the following error occurred it gives the log in error so how it can be resolved like when
    "CWPST0064E: Failed to log in" message when Workbench starts In a small number of instances on Windows, a user may get a dialog box when the Workbench starts up with a message:

CWPST0064E: Failed to log in

This might occur if the Windows user's password has recently been changed. To correct this problem, delete the following file:

{user.home}/IBM/ISAv4/.metadata/.plugins/com.ibm.rcp.security.auth/.keystore.JCEKS.IBM_J9_VM

The next time that the workbench is started, a new file will be created; however, the user will need to re-enter a proxy password in the "Network Connections" preferences (if one had previously been supplied)
    Carpet Cleaning Gold Coast
    You will normally find the HP support Assistand in the programs and feature list having the window xp. You can try removing that and then reinstall the S/W from the HP's S/W reinstallation option in the recovery manager and reboot the pc. This normally happens when the Support assistant S/W is not able to synchronize itself with the pc and pull up the PC information.It sounds like one of two things happened: 1) There is a known issue with the product sometimes not starting after sign in. Look here for how to resolve that: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg2 7016886#known_issues 2) An error occurred during the upgrade process, which has somehow corrupted the install. You will need to uninstall the product, delete your data .
    How to Grow Mushrooms
  • Shoes
    Shoes
    1 Post

‏2010-10-02T12:28:18Z  
    • Mushrooms
    • ‏2010-10-01T10:28:48Z
    You will normally find the HP support Assistand in the programs and feature list having the window xp. You can try removing that and then reinstall the S/W from the HP's S/W reinstallation option in the recovery manager and reboot the pc. This normally happens when the Support assistant S/W is not able to synchronize itself with the pc and pull up the PC information.It sounds like one of two things happened: 1) There is a known issue with the product sometimes not starting after sign in. Look here for how to resolve that: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg2 7016886#known_issues 2) An error occurred during the upgrade process, which has somehow corrupted the install. You will need to uninstall the product, delete your data .
    How to Grow Mushrooms
    With HP Support Assistant, it’s easy to keep your PC running smoothly. Optimize PC performance. Automate support tasks. And get assistance when you need help. All of this from one place on your own PC.HP Support Assistant Utility 4.1.11.3RevA2 Driver is a computer software that allow operating system and computer software to control your HP device.
    Users complain often that the HelpAssistant folder is full of viruses or is otherwise compromising their PC's integrity. Often, the HelpAssistant folder is created in error and should be disabled on a clean install of Windows XP. Microsoft has stated that this is an error in Windows XP products, and though the password can't be changed, it is an easy fix.
    Open your preferred Web browser. In the URL bar, type in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389/EN-US/ or use the link here.Then scroll down to the bottom until you see two buttons reading "Microsoft Fix it" with a mechanic icon near the text and then Click the left button that also reads "Turn Automatic Updates On." The program should run and set up Automatic Updates on your computer by itself. Automatic Updates automatically download and install service packs from Microsoft that improve your system's efficiency and corrects errors and bugs.
    latin ballroom shoes
    mens ballroom dance shoes