• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-07-13T20:58:51Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
334 Posts

Pinned topic Domino Attachment Builder error

‏2009-07-09T16:01:15Z |
Hello --

I am trying to use the Domino Attachment builder and running into issues. The model is really simple, but when I click on the link, I am getting HTTP 400 Bad request error. The url it is trying to go to is:
http://walleye.gofish.com:63148/__86256ED9004F8D3B.nsf/ScannerFiles/08A81D104010CC82862575B3006EBF79/$File/ScannerLoad.txt?OpenElement

I know that the following 2 url works:
1. http://walleye.gofish.com/sbr/QAordEntry.nsf/unid/08A81D104010CC82862575B3006EBF79/$File/ScannerLoad.txt?OpenElement

2. http://walleye.gofish.com/__86256ED9004F8D3B.nsf/ScannerFiles/08A81D104010CC82862575B3006EBF79/$File/ScannerLoad.txt?OpenElement

For url number 2, the only difference from the original url, is that I took off the port number.

On the domino server, on the server document, I have set the field Host name/Address on the Internet Protocols \ Diiop tab. The value I put in is walleye.gofish.com
What needs to be changed?
Updated on 2009-07-13T20:58:51Z at 2009-07-13T20:58:51Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    334 Posts

Re: Domino Attachment Builder error

‏2009-07-13T17:47:04Z  
    In Domino builder configuration file web-inf/config/domino_config/foo.properties (where foo is the name of your .properties file, edit the ServerName property and change the port number to your Domino server's web server port. In your case, change from 63148 to 80.

For example:
    ServerName=server.com:80
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    334 Posts

‏2009-07-13T19:58:24Z  
    Don't I need to use 63148 in the property file for the data connections? I thought 63148 is used for DIIOP and that needs to be enabled for this to work.

Also, here is another question about designing this for a SOA build. I have a service provider that has the Domino Access builder. The Domino Attachment builder needs the Domino Access builder, but it puts the link to a designated page/tag. How does my Consumer model use the Domino Attachment builder, as there is no Domino Access builder in the model as I reference the model in the provider model?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    334 Posts

‏2009-07-13T20:15:16Z  
    Don't I need to use 63148 in the property file for the data connections? I thought 63148 is used for DIIOP and that needs to be enabled for this to work.

Also, here is another question about designing this for a SOA build. I have a service provider that has the Domino Access builder. The Domino Attachment builder needs the Domino Access builder, but it puts the link to a designated page/tag. How does my Consumer model use the Domino Attachment builder, as there is no Domino Access builder in the model as I reference the model in the provider model?
    The builder uses CORBA and the Domino Java API to communicate. To use CORBA, a client (in this case, the web app) needs the Iteroperable Object Reference (IOR). In short, the IOR contains the info needed for a client (your web app) to connect to a corba server. With Domino, the IOR can be fetched from one of two places: 1) directly from Domino's DIIOP port (usually 63148) or 2) the Domnio Web Server's http port.

So that both CORBA and the Domino Attachment builder will work, you should use your web server port. This way, the IOR can be fetched from the web port, and the Domino Attachment builder will use the web server port.

(In the next release, I have tried to make this more clear by separating out the port for corba and the port for the Domnio web server in the web-inf/config/default_domnio_config.properties)

Regarding your second question: The Domino Attachment builder needs to be in the consumer model, since it is a UI builder (it places links on the page). Your best bet is to create another Domino Data Access builder in your consumer model and have only the Domino Attachment builder use it. (Continuing making other create, retrieve, update and delete service calls via your provider model) It feels a bit redundant, but that's the way it is right now.

Sam
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    334 Posts

‏2009-07-13T20:58:51Z  
    The builder uses CORBA and the Domino Java API to communicate. To use CORBA, a client (in this case, the web app) needs the Iteroperable Object Reference (IOR). In short, the IOR contains the info needed for a client (your web app) to connect to a corba server. With Domino, the IOR can be fetched from one of two places: 1) directly from Domino's DIIOP port (usually 63148) or 2) the Domnio Web Server's http port.

So that both CORBA and the Domino Attachment builder will work, you should use your web server port. This way, the IOR can be fetched from the web port, and the Domino Attachment builder will use the web server port.

(In the next release, I have tried to make this more clear by separating out the port for corba and the port for the Domnio web server in the web-inf/config/default_domnio_config.properties)

Regarding your second question: The Domino Attachment builder needs to be in the consumer model, since it is a UI builder (it places links on the page). Your best bet is to create another Domino Data Access builder in your consumer model and have only the Domino Attachment builder use it. (Continuing making other create, retrieve, update and delete service calls via your provider model) It feels a bit redundant, but that's the way it is right now.

Sam
    Also, in the Domino Data Access builder that you add to your consumer model to use with the Domino Attachment builder, don't enable View or Document support; that way it won't add unnecessary data services, methods, schemas, etc to your model and you won't accidentally call it instead of the one in the provider.