Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2009-07-08T11:45:57Z by nerackeleets
anxietykl
anxietykl
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Does RQM Support These TestManager Features?

‏2009-07-07T21:32:35Z |
Hi,
We are evaluating RQM (currently using TestManager 6.15, RMT 6.0, and ReqPro 6.15), and there are several things that are "must-have" features for us. I've been trying to play around with RQM but it gets a bit confusing. Anyone knows the answer please help.. TIA!

1) In test manager there is a view ("Test Input") where all requirements are listed and under each requirement test cases that are associated to that requirement are listed. Is there such view in RQM?

2) We need a feature where all manual tester scripts associated to test cases in a test plan can be printed in detail (step-by-step). We were able to write a Word macro against Manual Tester to do this. Is there a way to do this in RQM?

3) In Test Manager the test case status (pass/fail/blocked..etc) is displayed next to a test case. This is very helpful as team members can easily view which test cases have been run already. How do I do that with RQM?

4) Test case showing as suspect when its associated requirement is updated is a must for us. I know there is such feature in RQM. But I was unable to get it to show up as suspect most of the time. And when it does show up as suspect, I'm not sure how to clear it.

5) Also, can someone please let me know if there is a report in RQM similar to "test case details" in TM, where all test cases in a test plan is listed, but with details, such as what requirement each test case is linked to, pass/fail criteria... etc.

Thank you very much! Any help is appreciated as I'm stuck now =(
Updated on 2009-07-08T11:45:57Z at 2009-07-08T11:45:57Z by nerackeleets
  • nerackeleets
    nerackeleets
    103 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Does RQM Support These TestManager Features?

‏2009-07-08T11:45:57Z  in response to anxietykl
    Hope these responses help :

1) In test manager there is a view ("Test Input") where all requirements are listed and under each requirement test cases that are associated to that requirement are listed. Is there such view in RQM? In RQM, there is a navigator option for Requirements where requirements are either generated directly in the tool, or are imported from RequisitePro and synchronised between the tools. Requirements are mapped directly to test plans and test cases in RQM - from the requirements navigation options, you can select one or more (in 2.0) requirements and click a button bar icon to see associated test plans or test cases. You can also generate test cases on the fly from requirements in the view (2.0)

2) We need a feature where all manual tester scripts associated to test cases in a test plan can be printed in detail (step-by-step). We were able to write a Word macro against Manual Tester to do this. Is there a way to do this in RQM? In RQM manual test scripting is built into the tool (all assets from RMT or from Test manager can be migrated into RQM) - there is a print option on the test scripts and also the option to create a PDF file (new in 2.0)

3) In Test Manager the test case status (pass/fail/blocked..etc) is displayed next to a test case. This is very helpful as team members can easily view which test cases have been run already. How do I do that with RQM? This is the Execution navigator in RQM and you would review the test execution results records to see that last result recorded for a test case execution.

4) Test case showing as suspect when its associated requirement is updated is a must for us. I know there is such feature in RQM. But I was unable to get it to show up as suspect most of the time. And when it does show up as suspect, I'm not sure how to clear it. Suspect only happens if the "requirement" itself changes - in this instance, you would have synchronization between RQM and ReqPro - to clear a suspect, you place a check mark against the test case that is in suspect, which "enables" an icon on the button bar "change suspect attribute"

5) Also, can someone please let me know if there is a report in RQM similar to "test case details" in TM, where all test cases in a test plan is listed, but with details, such as what requirement each test case is linked to, pass/fail criteria... etc. I know the report you referring to ... in RQM there are a number of reports for there may not be one exactly as it was in the older tools, but there are certainly a wide range of reports for seeing the traceability to test plans, requirements, execution results etc etc ...