• No replies
8 Posts

Pinned topic Domino Attachment Links point directly to the Domino Server

‏2009-07-07T16:50:52Z |
We have an internally available domino based intranet and an externally available Portal based website.
We are currently using WPF/WDF to display data from our domino servers to external customers which all works fine.

Now a requirement has come up to allow them to access attachments within a Notes Database.

I was planning to use the Domino Attachment builder, but it seems that (and I didn't notice any documentation warning me of this) that whereas most domino builders for WPF allow users to communicate to the WAS server which then makes separate backend calls to the domino server over DIIOP, the links generated by the Attachment builder point directly at the domino server. This won't work for us as the domino servers aren't externally available and even if they were we have a different authorization model for domino and WPF.

Am I missing something - is there no builder that allows you to serve up attachments from domino with the user only communicating directly with the WAS/Portal server?