4 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-07-07T18:21:54Z by Stellni
Stellni
Stellni
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic "Will Be Checked" as output in a monitor

‏2009-06-29T15:26:17Z |
All,
We just patched two CE's to 3.5.2-016. They are Win2K3 boxes with SP2. We are running FSM 4.0.1-002.

We've had the FileNet Content Engine ProcessInstances Monitor running for about a year with no problems. However after we installed the latest CE patch, the monitor is now giving us warnings that

#Service "Content Engine Object Store Service" (Content Engine Object Store Service) will be checked

I have restarted cala, moved the monitor to another area, deleted and re-created the monitor. The monitor is still not working correctly. Any ideas?
Updated on 2009-07-07T18:21:54Z at 2009-07-07T18:21:54Z by Stellni
  • Martin.Willingham
    Martin.Willingham
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: "Will Be Checked" as output in a monitor

‏2009-06-29T15:32:51Z  in response to Stellni
    Nick,
    What's the problem? The monitor says that the service will be checked. Do you not want it checked? Or is that the only service that it says will be checked and you want others checked, too? Can you send the complete message from the monitor? And what service you want it to check?
    Thanks
    Martin
    • Stellni
      Stellni
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-29T19:09:00Z  in response to Martin.Willingham
      Martin,
      It has been stating that the monitor is going to check these Process Services since around 3pm yesterday (about the same time we applied the CE 3.5.2-016 patch. I sent you a screen shot via email.

This is the Process Services monitor on the CE so it's looking at Apache2, Content Engine Cache Service, Content Engine File Store Service, Content Engine Object Store Service, and FileNet P8 CFS Server for Image Services. Here is the text of the complete message from the Monitor:

#Service "Apache2" (Apache2) will be checked
      #Service "Content Engine Content Cache Service" (Content Engine Content Cache Service) is disabled
      #Service "Content Engine File Store Service" (Content Engine File Store Service) will be checked
      #Service "Content Engine Object Store Service" (Content Engine Object Store Service) will be checked
      #Service "FileNet P8 CFS Server for Image Services" (FileNet P8 CFS Server for Image Services) will be checked
      #The following Services are not running:
      #FileNet P8 CFS Server for Image Services

I've also submitted the screenshot via attach files
      • Martin.Willingham
        Martin.Willingham
        13 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-29T20:04:47Z  in response to Stellni
        Nick

It looks to me like the monitor is doing exactly what it should, so maybe there's a misunderstanding in the purpose of the monitor.
        The Process Instances monitor in the P8 Content Engine Collection will check these services to see if they are running:
        • Apache2
        • Content Engine Content Cache Service
        • Content Engine File Store Service
        • Content Engine Object Store Service
        • FileNet P8 CFS Server for Image Services

But it will not check these services if they are set to disabled.
        So, if you don't use CFS-IS, you can change it to disabled in the Windows Services applet and FSM won't alert if it is stopped.

The Process Instances monitor in the Standard collection has a totally different behavior. In it, you have to specify the particular processes and services you want FSM to monitor.

What was the behavior of the monitor before the CE upgrade?

Thanks
        Martin
  • Stellni
    Stellni
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-07-07T18:21:54Z  in response to Stellni
    I have figured out the issue. It was an ID 10 T error on my part. When we deployed the 016 patch, the CFS lost it's disabled status and returned to manual. Sorry for posting this :)