Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-13T02:32:26Z by sartoris
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6420 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic websphere 7, "possible cyclic reference"?

‏2009-06-23T15:57:36Z |
in cross-container testing we've ran into a strange problem in websphere 7. our app fails early with "possible cyclic reference" errors (see trace below). to the best of my knowledge there's no real cyclic reference, and the same app runs with no problems on 6+ other containers. i suspect this error is masking the real problem. at this point i've reduced the page to just a

#{myBean}

with no components, as you can see from the stack. this is with WAS 7, facelets, and icefaces. it doesn't appear that icefaces has anything much to do with it (correct me if i'm wrong there).

any help is appreciated.

[6/22/09 14:25:08:015 PDT] 00000023 webapp        E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.weba pp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: [Servlet Error]-[Blocking Servlet]: com.sun .faces.mgbean.ManagedBeanCreationException: Unable to create managed bean policy ManageBean.  The following problems were found: - Possible cyclic reference to managed bean 
"policyManageBean" - Possible cyclic reference to managed bean 
"policyManageBean" - Possible cyclic reference to managed bean 
"policyManageBean" at com.sun.faces.mgbean.BeanManager.create(BeanManager.java:204) at com.sun.faces.el.ManagedBeanELResolver.getValue(ManagedBeanELResolver .java:88) at javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:143) at com.sun.faces.el.FacesCompositeELResolver.getValue(FacesCompositeELRe solver.java:73) at org.apache.el.parser.AstIdentifier.getValue(AstIdentifier.java:45) at org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:1 86) at com.sun.facelets.el.ELText$ELTextVariable.writeText(ELText.java:184) at com.sun.facelets.el.ELText$ELTextComposite.writeText(ELText.java:108) at com.sun.facelets.compiler.TextInstruction.write(TextInstruction.java: 45) at com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions.encodeBegin(UIInstructions.j ava:39) at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DViewHa ndler.java:514) at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DViewHa ndler.java:522) at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DViewHa ndler.java:522) at com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DViewHa ndler.java:522) ...
Updated on 2013-02-13T02:32:26Z at 2013-02-13T02:32:26Z by sartoris
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6420 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: websphere 7, "possible cyclic reference"?

‏2009-07-30T07:03:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I recommend you to install WebSphere 7 fixpack 5. It resolved all of my icefaces related issues.
  • BobG
    BobG
    624 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-07-30T11:38:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Could you show the managed bean definition from the faces config file? Please include the entire definit (e.g. if properties are defined by other managed beans please include those also)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6420 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-04T08:49:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hii..I am facing the same issue..Were you able to resolve this issue?If yes then what is the resolution??
    • sartoris
      sartoris
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-13T02:32:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      What version of WAS are you running? There was a defect in the JSF code on WAS 7.0 related to this message. The APAR number is PK94256 and it was fixed way back in fix pack 7.0.0.9.

Link to APAR description:
      http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PK94256

I would suggest that if you are not at the 7.0.0.9 fix pack level then you should upgrade to at least that (preferably a much more recent fix pack) and see if the problem still exists.