• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-06-26T17:14:22Z by robertc
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
32 Posts

Pinned topic Mapping Ontology to RDF

‏2009-06-23T13:46:13Z |
Hi,

I am currently working on a semantic search for Alfresco(content management system).

As a sample i have uploaded few documents and trying to implement semantic search for the same.

My progress till now is as follows,
1. Generated a owl file(based on the domain) using protege,
2. Generated RDF with the meta data using jena(title, author, type) that is available for the documents(not based on the owl - ontology),
3. I am able to query the rdf using sqarql

Where have i got stuck
but i dont know how to generate the RDF based on the ontology that is constructed for the domain.

Could any please help to solve this problem

Thanks in advance
Suresh
Updated on 2009-06-26T17:14:22Z at 2009-06-26T17:14:22Z by robertc
  • robertc
    robertc
    41 Posts

Re: Mapping Ontology to RDF

‏2009-06-26T13:30:20Z  
    Hi Suresh. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with either Alfresco, Jena or Protege so I'm not sure I can be much help as it's not clear to me what you're trying to do. Is your problem that your generated RDF doesn't conform to your OWL schema?

Rob
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    32 Posts

‏2009-06-26T13:48:19Z  
    • robertc
    • ‏2009-06-26T13:30:20Z
    Hi Suresh. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with either Alfresco, Jena or Protege so I'm not sure I can be much help as it's not clear to me what you're trying to do. Is your problem that your generated RDF doesn't conform to your OWL schema?

Rob
    Thanks rob for replying, you are exactly right in understanding my problem i.e i don't know how to match my RDF to that of the ontology that i have. If possible can you give me a example for how to actually create a rdf matching our owl ontology.

Alfresco is a content management system just like Microsoft Share Point, where we can store all our Portal related documents.

I am using jena for generating my RDF file and protege tool for generating my OWL ontology.

If there is any other means by with which can generate RDF and OWL, do let me know

Thanks in prior

Regards
    Suresh.S
  • robertc
    robertc
    41 Posts

‏2009-06-26T17:14:22Z  
    Thanks rob for replying, you are exactly right in understanding my problem i.e i don't know how to match my RDF to that of the ontology that i have. If possible can you give me a example for how to actually create a rdf matching our owl ontology.

Alfresco is a content management system just like Microsoft Share Point, where we can store all our Portal related documents.

I am using jena for generating my RDF file and protege tool for generating my OWL ontology.

If there is any other means by with which can generate RDF and OWL, do let me know

Thanks in prior

Regards
    Suresh.S
    Hi Suresh. Have you had a look at the Introduction to Jena article on developerWorks? It looks like Schemagen (mentioned in a sidebar near the top of the article) may do what you need - here's a Jena schemagen HOWTO. Again, I'm not at all familiar with these tools myself so I can't give you any specific advice, but I hope these will be enough to get you started.

If you figure it all out, please post back here and explain what you did :)

Rob