3 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-06-23T20:57:13Z by Steven_Bass
Stellni
Stellni
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issue with reporting incorrect values in Standard ProcessInstances

‏2009-06-19T19:28:03Z |
All,
We have experienced some issues in our P8 3.5.x environment with the vwtime process getting killed. This PE is a physical box and has W2K3 w/SP2 so I created a Standard ProcessInstances monitor to notify us if the vwtime.exe is not running. I used the vwtime.exe,1,1 notation in the Process_List. When I initially implemented this, we started to immediately get paged that the value was incorrect, according to FSM there were two instances of vwtime running. I checked the box using Process Explorer and only found one instance of vwtime running, but FSM still said it was running two instances.

I created a vwtime monitor for another one of our Production environments. This box is VM and is W2K3 SP2. This monitor works fine and there is only 1 instance of vwtime that is returned in FSM.

The differences between these boxes is 1) one is physical (broken) and the other is VM (working) and 2) the parent process that kicked off vwtime was VWR (broken) and VWJ (working).

The only thing that I can think of is that the physical box when it starts back up a race condition is present and the VWR is available before a VWJ becomes available to kick it off - both servers have the IMS Control Service and Process Services set to automatic. Could this be causing the issue?

So, has anyone ever seen the process instances report incorrect values in FSM? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Updated on 2009-06-23T20:57:13Z at 2009-06-23T20:57:13Z by Steven_Bass
  • Steven_Bass
    Steven_Bass
    30 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issue with reporting incorrect values in Standard ProcessInstances

‏2009-06-19T20:59:12Z  in response to Stellni
    Need exact version of P8 3.5.x
    Have same MS security patches been applied to both machines?
    See MS Case "KB921883 got a Memory Conflict on the PE Server"
    • Stellni
      Stellni
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-23T20:08:23Z  in response to Steven_Bass
      Steve,
      The PE is the base 3.5.3 install on both machines. There is no discrepancy between the MS security patches installed on both machines.

We are running the updated version of the SP that KB921883 references.
      • Steven_Bass
        Steven_Bass
        30 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-23T20:57:13Z  in response to Stellni
        If you are able to reproduce this at will, can you try putting a dependency on the IMS ControlService before allowing the Process Service to start to see if this fixes the racing issue.