Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-09T06:36:49Z by AM@15
verywell
verywell
4 Posts

Pinned topic who can tell me the difference between the Rhapsody product family?

‏2009-06-18T12:22:22Z |
Rational Rhapsody Developer
Rational Rhapsody Architect for software
Rational Rhapsody Architect for system engineers
Rational Rhapsody Designer for Systems Engineers

who can tell me what is the differnce?
3x
Updated on 2009-06-25T07:29:23Z at 2009-06-25T07:29:23Z by MartinHansson
  • Jeff_Cohen
    Jeff_Cohen
    71 Posts

Re: who can tell me the difference between the Rhapsody product family?

‏2009-06-18T13:10:46Z  
    This is a very quick overview and you really ought to get the data sheets with the latest features from your sales or field technical team. You can also get a summary at http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/rhapsody/

Rational Rhapsody Developer is the full-up product that can be used for Systems Engineering and Software Engineering. It generates production quality code from your models. This code is not only the classes, attributes, and operation signatures (what many call code frames), but it includes code for state charts, events, interrupts, and data structures optimized for the real time environment.

Rational Rhapsody Architect is a step down from Developer. It is for Software Engineering, but it only generates code frames.

Rational Rhapsody Designer for Systems Engineers is only for Systems Engineering in that it does not generate production quality code, but it does generate code that the Systems Engineer uses to verify his or her models.

Rational Rhapsody Architect for Systems Engineers is one step down from Designer in that it lets the System Engineer draw the model, but not execute it. Therefore you have no way to confirm that the model you just created accurately represents what you want.
  • MartinHansson
    MartinHansson
    59 Posts

‏2009-06-24T08:51:18Z  
    This is a very quick overview and you really ought to get the data sheets with the latest features from your sales or field technical team. You can also get a summary at http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/rhapsody/

Rational Rhapsody Developer is the full-up product that can be used for Systems Engineering and Software Engineering. It generates production quality code from your models. This code is not only the classes, attributes, and operation signatures (what many call code frames), but it includes code for state charts, events, interrupts, and data structures optimized for the real time environment.

Rational Rhapsody Architect is a step down from Developer. It is for Software Engineering, but it only generates code frames.

Rational Rhapsody Designer for Systems Engineers is only for Systems Engineering in that it does not generate production quality code, but it does generate code that the Systems Engineer uses to verify his or her models.

Rational Rhapsody Architect for Systems Engineers is one step down from Designer in that it lets the System Engineer draw the model, but not execute it. Therefore you have no way to confirm that the model you just created accurately represents what you want.
    Has this changed since Telelogic owned the product? There were only 3 versions then, architect/designer/developer, and the designer was capable of generating proper code but not do roundtripping etc.

I just downloaded 7.5 and some things I see there makes me a bit nervous about changes since earlier, pre IBM, versions.
  • Jeff_Cohen
    Jeff_Cohen
    71 Posts

‏2009-06-24T13:12:33Z  
    Has this changed since Telelogic owned the product? There were only 3 versions then, architect/designer/developer, and the designer was capable of generating proper code but not do roundtripping etc.

I just downloaded 7.5 and some things I see there makes me a bit nervous about changes since earlier, pre IBM, versions.
    Rhapsody 7.5 introduced the new Software Architect version. This version supports what we like to call "code-centric workflows." You still do all of your modeling in Rhapsody, but Rhapsody will only generate structural code, so the user must implement all behavioral patterns (e.g., state charts). Rhapsody Software Architect has very strong support for reverse engineering and round tripping, making it a very viable product for working with existing code bases. For more information, see http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/products/rhapsody/swarchitect/features/
  • Jeff_Cohen
    Jeff_Cohen
    71 Posts

‏2009-06-24T13:14:25Z  
    Rhapsody 7.5 introduced the new Software Architect version. This version supports what we like to call "code-centric workflows." You still do all of your modeling in Rhapsody, but Rhapsody will only generate structural code, so the user must implement all behavioral patterns (e.g., state charts). Rhapsody Software Architect has very strong support for reverse engineering and round tripping, making it a very viable product for working with existing code bases. For more information, see http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/products/rhapsody/swarchitect/features/
    Left off one important line -- the other versions (Developer, Designer, and Rhapsody System Architect) are upgraded with new features, but are basically the same as they were in 7.4.
  • MartinHansson
    MartinHansson
    59 Posts

‏2009-06-25T07:29:23Z  
    I'm still a bit confused.

How does the new versions match up against an older license file? I assume that the new developer and the old developer runs on same license and that the new Rational Rhapsody Designer for Systems Engineers uses the old designer license?

Can production code still be produced in Rational Rhapsody Designer for Systems Engineers as it was in the old designer (7.3)? We use the designer for our developers and then the developer for nightly builds and for those times when we need roundtripping. If this is no longer possible with 7.5 designer we have a problem.

In 7.3 the designer and the developer produces identical code.
  • AM@15
    AM@15
    20 Posts

IBM Rational Rhapsody Architect for Systems Engineers supports syml project in C?

‏2013-12-09T06:36:49Z  

Can any one plz tell me if I can develop model in 'C'using SYSML profile in IBM Rational Rhapsody Architect for Systems Engineers as its creating C++ project by default.

If yes then plz let me know the procedure to create C project using SysML profile in IBM Rational Rhapsody Architect for Systems Engineers.

Regards