4 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-06-24T18:48:09Z by SystemAdmin
maka
maka
36 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Configuration of Widgets

‏2009-06-17T06:27:17Z |
Hello,

In general it should be possible to configure Widgets. I read informations that I could set a reference model in the widget adapter, but there's nothing to set anything. There is only to set name for the widget, an category of the widget and an icon.

So my question if there exists an manual or article how can I make my widget configurable?

Thank you for any help...
Updated on 2009-06-24T18:48:09Z at 2009-06-24T18:48:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • mburati
    mburati
    30 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Configuration of Widgets

‏2009-06-17T14:16:08Z  in response to maka
    Like WebSphere Portlet Factory, Lotus Widget Factory lets you configure your app based on what you "profiled" in the model.

Take a look at Eclipse -> Help -> Help Contents -> Lotus Widget Factory -> Working with Lotus Widget Factory -> Overview: Profiling.

Once you understand profiling and have profiled inputs in your model, then in your Widget Adapter builder, you can enable a profile set for customization via the mashups edit settings mode.

See Help -> Help Contents -> Lotus Widget Factory -> Working with Lotus Widget Factory -> Introduction to widgets -> Implementing Widget Customize Mode.

I hope that info helps,
    ..mb1
  • maka
    maka
    36 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-22T14:26:26Z  in response to maka
    For this moment, thank you very much. It doesnt work perfectly, but it works!
  • maka
    maka
    36 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-23T09:57:59Z  in response to maka
    I have a further question to the configuration window in the mashup center.

If I want to configure the widget, theres opening a window with all my configuration options. Thats ok, but the windows is so small! I have a horizontal scroll bar, but how can I set the window greater? I didn't found anything, that works. In the profileset is an option to set the width for textfields, but no effect. in the gridtable in the widget customizer I set table width with hopening the window adjust to the table size, but no effect.

Thank you for helping...
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      181 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-24T18:48:09Z  in response to maka
      I believe this bug came to existence in LWF 1.1 and is to be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, there are two main ways I know of to work around this. The first is to edit the template used to generate the widget definition XML - located in your project as WebContent/WEB-INF/factory/xml_templates/widget/widget_definition.xml - and change the "min-width" and "min-height" style attributes to larger values in the IFrame tag, e.g.,

<iframe id=
      "_IWID_frame_#Mode#" name=
      "_IWID_frame_#Mode#" class=
      "rootFrame" frameborder=
      "0" style=
      "min-width:300px; min-height:300px;border:0px;">

The second would be to write some JavaScript to be triggered by your customizer's window.onload event which would find the containing IFrame element in the parent window and resize it.