Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-08-17T17:18:48Z by SamiSam
vin.app
vin.app
44 Posts

Pinned topic Monitoring Cache (CacheManagerService) in Portal

‏2009-06-12T12:38:35Z |
Question on websphere portal CacheManagerService : Are there any tools/portlet to monitor these caching activities (PUMA, PAC activities) ?. I used CacheMonitor.ear. But looks like it doesn't monitor this (looks like it just monitors the portlet fragments caches).

Thanks
Updated on 2012-11-18T07:02:47Z at 2012-11-18T07:02:47Z by SystemAdmin
  • fang
    fang
    769 Posts

Re: Monitoring Cache (CacheManagerService) in Portal

‏2009-06-14T03:24:12Z  
    As far as I know, there is not a public tool to look into portal caches. CacheMonitor app only can monitor those in the Application servers.

-FF

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of IBM.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2009-06-15T15:34:38Z  
    • fang
    • ‏2009-06-14T03:24:12Z
    As far as I know, there is not a public tool to look into portal caches. CacheMonitor app only can monitor those in the Application servers.

-FF

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of IBM.
    Hello,
    If you send me email, then I can send you a Portal Cache Viewer portlet.

yang@us.ibm.com

There is no official support for the Portal Cache Viewer portlet; it is currently a work in progress and provided "as-is".

CacheMonitor.ear will show detailed information on one cache on one page.

The Portal Cache Viewer portlet will show generic information on all WebSphere Portal caches on one page.

Thank you,
    David Yang
    WebSphere Portal support

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • vin.app
    vin.app
    44 Posts

‏2009-06-18T12:59:47Z  
    Hello,

yang@us.ibm.com

There is no official support for the Portal Cache Viewer portlet; it is currently a work in progress and provided "as-is".

The Portal Cache Viewer portlet will show generic information on all WebSphere Portal caches on one page.

Thank you,
    David Yang
    WebSphere Portal support

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    Thanks David, i already received from you.

• Vinod
  • PeterK2
    PeterK2
    20 Posts

‏2009-09-23T14:38:58Z  
    CacheMonitor, Exteneded Cache Monoitor does not work on Websphere 7.0.0.1 unless you install a fix

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/downloads/cache_monitor.html

Servlet caching (via cachespec.xml) is not enabled by default.
    <components xmi:type="applicationserver.webcontainer:WebContainer" xmi:id="WebContainer_1226808168345" sessionAffinityTimeout="0" defaultVirtualHostName="default_host" enableServletCaching="true">

Need this fix:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg1PK78286
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2012-11-18T07:02:47Z  
    Hello,

yang@us.ibm.com

Thank you,
    David Yang
    WebSphere Portal support

Could you please help me in setting up this Cache Monitor Service
  • SamiSam
    SamiSam
    1 Post

‏2015-08-17T17:18:48Z  

Hello,

yang@us.ibm.com is no longer valid.  Can someone supply a URL or provide the portlet app by any chance?

thank you