Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-07-29T20:46:21Z by EEEB_Alberto_Steinberg
purban
purban
17 Posts

Pinned topic Announcing Rational Modeler Rhapsody Edition 7.5

‏2009-06-10T17:47:24Z |
A new version of Rational Modeler Rhapsody Edition is now available. This new release provides improved usability, simplified installation, better model navigation and an improved look and feel.

The new release can be downloaded here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/modeler/

Activity diagrams
The overall usability of the activity diagram editor is improved, and you can use activity diagrams to model more elements.
• Swimlane title bars remain visible while you scroll for large diagram support.
• Swimlanes can be moved so that it is easier to draw activity diagrams.
• An activity frame represents current activity
• New elements exist for accept time event, control flow, object flow, flow final, accept event action, and interruptible region.
• These elements are renamed for better standard alignment:
Termination State renamedActivity Final
Condition Connector renamed Decision Node
Junction Connector renamed Merge node
• Multiple object nodes can have the same name.

Tabular state charts
If the behavior of a state chart is too complicated to present in a diagram, you can view the state chart as a table. By using the table view, you can identify missing elements. You can edit the state chart to add and delete transitions and events, and you can switch between the diagram and the table view of the state chart.

Table and matrix improvements
With the following improvements, you can convey model information in a tabular format and modify information directly within tables and matrices:

• Customized table view columns
• Add, edit, and delete elements of a table or matrix
• Auto-refresh feature for both tables and matrices
• Reorganized and extended relational attributes in table layout
• Support for Association as a cell element type in matrices
• Matrix control that supports elements in a single cell

Usability improvements
Edit multiple elements
You can edit multiple attributes, types, dependencies, packages, classes, and operations at the same time. Just select multiple items of the same metaclass, such as several attributes. When you select multiple metaclasses, a generic features window opens where you can change the stereotype.

Unified context menu
The drop-down menus are organized as open, new, edit, navigation, element-specific, configuration management, actions, context-specific, and helpers or Add Ons. This organization reduces the size of the menu and groups similar operations together.

Diagram drawing toolbar
Rational Modeler Rhapsody Edition 7.5 includes a new drawing toolbar that includes diagram tools, common operations, and free shapes. The toolbar supports floating, docking, and a label or non-label mode. The mode, state, and position of the toolbar is stored when you close the application and restored when you relaunch it later.

Gradient graphics and toolbars
The graphics and toolbars now use gradient backgrounds for improved appearance. This is the default; you can enable or disable gradient backgrounds in the View menu.

Full-screen mode
When you design diagrams, you can work in a full-screen mode that shows a working area, a corresponding diagram toolbar, and a browser. This mode provides more screen area for diagram drawing. The application toolbars are hidden, and application menus are in auto-hide mode at the top of the window. You can activate this mode in the View menu or by pressing Alt+Shift+Enter.

Organize favorites
You can add and remove folders to organize your Favorites menu for faster access. To add a favorite, drag it into the Favorites window. Favorites are saved for each user and for each project in the .rpw file for the project.

Zoom in and out of diagrams with mouse
You can zoom in or out of a diagram by pressing the Ctrl key while moving the mouse wheel. If you select an element on the diagram, the zoom operation is performed for that element.

Populate diagrams
You can use the Populate Diagram operation to add more elements to a diagram and automatically create relationships to it to view the design. You can also update diagrams created through reverse engineering with changes in code..
Updated on 2011-07-29T20:46:21Z at 2011-07-29T20:46:21Z by EEEB_Alberto_Steinberg
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    20 Posts

Re: Announcing Rational Modeler Rhapsody Edition 7.5

‏2009-06-15T17:56:01Z  
    I downloaded and installed the new code, but when trying to start Modeler, amd presented with the Flexnet license dialog. I dont know the server name, or license file name to put in, so cannot use the tool.

What server name, or file name, do I need? And, where is the file located?

Thanks--Dennis
  • purban
    purban
    17 Posts

‏2009-06-15T18:06:54Z  
    I downloaded and installed the new code, but when trying to start Modeler, amd presented with the Flexnet license dialog. I dont know the server name, or license file name to put in, so cannot use the tool.

Thanks--Dennis
    The basic Rational Modeler does not require a license file. Take care not to run the Rational Modeler Corporate Edition which is a purchase item that provides team collaboration with an interface to configuration management tools and customer support for the Modeler. For the free no charge Rational Modeler do not select the Corporate edition during installation.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    20 Posts

‏2009-06-22T05:16:57Z  
    • purban
    • ‏2009-06-15T18:06:54Z
    The basic Rational Modeler does not require a license file. Take care not to run the Rational Modeler Corporate Edition which is a purchase item that provides team collaboration with an interface to configuration management tools and customer support for the Modeler. For the free no charge Rational Modeler do not select the Corporate edition during installation.
    I have the same problem using Rhapsody Modeler 7.5. I selected "Rhapsody Modeler Edition" during installation (not Corporate Modeler Edition). When I try to start Rhapsody I get an error message stating that the software is unable to register "rhapsody.tlb". After I confirm this dialog the flexlm dialog shows up where I need to configure either a license file or server. I'm using Windows Vista Business SP2.

Best regards,

Jens Siebert
  • purban
    purban
    17 Posts

‏2009-06-23T14:56:51Z  
    This can be caused on Vista when not installing as Administrator. When installing were you logged in as administrator? It sounds like the registration of the COM interface in the system was not done. To install as Administrator, click the Start button, right-mouse click on the Command Prompt item, and click "Run as Administrator". Then change the current
    directory to the location of the MSI file and run it.
  • EEEB_Alberto_Steinberg
    1 Post

‏2011-07-29T20:46:21Z  
    I downloaded and installed the 7.5 version, but when trying to start Modeler, I am presented with the Flexnet license dialog. I dont know the server name, or license file name to put in, so cannot use the tool.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm logged as a Administrator.

Thanks - Alberto