Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-08-01T18:41:38Z by duckett
duckett
duckett
11 Posts

Pinned topic Location of the Personal folder for queries and report formats

‏2009-06-10T15:18:46Z |
Is there a special storage location for the Change "personal" folder for queries and report formats? I checked the server side and found nothing. So I guessing it must be on the Windows client side, no?
Updated on 2011-08-01T18:41:38Z at 2011-08-01T18:41:38Z by duckett
  • sgw
    sgw
    3 Posts

Re: Location of the Personal folder for queries and report formats

‏2009-06-10T15:34:50Z  
    No, it is all stored in the database check the bucket table.

-Sean

ClearQuest : support home » information centers 7.1.0.x | 7.0.1.x | 7.0.0.x » RFE Community : search or submit
  • duckett
    duckett
    11 Posts

‏2009-06-10T15:40:01Z  
    • sgw
    • ‏2009-06-10T15:34:50Z
    No, it is all stored in the database check the bucket table.

-Sean

ClearQuest : support home » information centers 7.1.0.x | 7.0.1.x | 7.0.0.x » RFE Community : search or submit
    I have no idea what the "bucket table" is or how to access it. But it would seem impossible for personal queries for one user to mysteriously disappear without effecting other users if all queries in personal folders are stored in the database. This basically answers my question.
  • Stephen_Baynes
    Stephen_Baynes
    3 Posts

‏2009-06-17T14:26:59Z  
    • duckett
    • ‏2009-06-10T15:40:01Z
    I have no idea what the "bucket table" is or how to access it. But it would seem impossible for personal queries for one user to mysteriously disappear without effecting other users if all queries in personal folders are stored in the database. This basically answers my question.
    I don't know the details but I seem to recall that if the user is removed from the LDAP or maybe even from the database users then Change will remove their queries from the database. http://We had an issue when upgrading - the queries did not come over and I think it was something like the users were only added to the new LDAP after the database had been migrated by which point their queries had been removed. It is a vague memory and I might be completely wrong.

Storage of queries is also something that has changed over time. In earlier versions I think they were stored in the LDAP server itself.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    111 Posts

‏2009-07-21T21:57:37Z  
    The users reports are stored in a binary format on the TDS/RDS server that Change is connected to.
  • darwalters
    darwalters
    5 Posts

‏2009-12-22T17:20:01Z  
    The users reports are stored in a binary format on the TDS/RDS server that Change is connected to.
    Is there any way to get the personal query/format/homepage data out of TDS in a usable format? We are migrating to RDS and wish to change the username format, but don't want to lose the queries etc. If it were possible to get this data out and run some script and then migrate into RDS that would be great.

Thanks
  • chidamla
    chidamla
    1 Post

‏2010-01-11T16:52:20Z  
    I am also trying to migrate the Personal queries from one instance of Change or another.

$csapi->ImportUsersFromCSLDAPServer($AdminUser,$overwrite,$importURL,"New.User\@YourCompany.com","firstname","lastname") does not copy personal queries & reports. we are using Change 4.7.
  • duckett
    duckett
    11 Posts

‏2011-08-01T18:41:38Z  
    • chidamla
    • ‏2010-01-11T16:52:20Z
    I am also trying to migrate the Personal queries from one instance of Change or another.

$csapi->ImportUsersFromCSLDAPServer($AdminUser,$overwrite,$importURL,"New.User\@YourCompany.com","firstname","lastname") does not copy personal queries & reports. we are using Change 4.7.
    The missing data problem with the personal user homepages, queries, and reports occurred again. This time instead of one user being affected, all personal user data for one of our four databases got wiped out. We have this FR database and the LDAP configuration is: ( TDS URL: ldap://localhost:3895 ). I take it that this Change LDAP server location to be: ( <server>:/opt/tds_8810 ). I looked in the /opt/tds_8810/vde/data directory and see the files: CSDB.data, CSDB.delete, CSDB.index, CSDB.tran, CSDB.trpos, and CSDB.twpos. Which I suppose make up the Change LDAP server for this database. We had a network power outage and after I got the database restarted and activated, the homepages, queries, and reports were gone. Even the backups for the CSDB* files were removed from ( /opt/tds_8810/vde/backup ) directory. I'm thinking if those backups were present I could have used them to restore the personal data. Can someone confirm if this is true? We are using Change version 4.6. I know, it's old but we have no money or desire to upgrade. The economy you know. :-(