Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-01T22:58:15Z by SystemAdmin
Wes_Clark
Wes_Clark
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Data source configuration warnings

‏2009-06-03T17:01:37Z |
There are two warnings that show up in the WebSphere system log when the server starts:

5/29/09 18:38:35:418 PDT 0000000a WSRdbManagedC W DSRA1300E: Feature is not implemented: javax.sql.PooledConnection.addStatementEventListener

And

5/29/09 18:38:35:496 PDT 0000000a WSRdbManagedC W DSRA8230W: The application server is unable to determine if a transaction should be resolved because data source custom property nonTransactionalDataSource is configured but data source custom property commitOrRollbackOnCleanup is not configured.

I have configured the connection pool without statement pooling. On the WebSphere Application Server data source properties page, I have set the Statement cache size to 0 statements, which should turn off statement pooling. I also have checked “Non-transactional data source,” because our application manages the transaction state itself. It turns autocommit off when it wants to start a transaction, and commits the transaction itself.

The first warning makes sense because the Microsoft data source does not support statement pooling, and does not support a statement event listener. My question is why does this warning appear if we have not configured statement pooling?

The second warning complains that the “data source custom property commitOrRollbackOnCleanup is not configured.” I have searched the known universe for any documentation about this configuration property, and could not find a mention of it, so I don’t know what I am supposed to do.
Updated on 2012-03-01T22:58:15Z at 2012-03-01T22:58:15Z by SystemAdmin
  • Wes_Clark
    Wes_Clark
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Data source configuration warnings

‏2009-06-16T18:59:47Z  in response to Wes_Clark
    Answered through PMR process: The first warning was because I had not set the statement pool size to 0. I thought I had, but apparently didn't save the changes properly when setting it to 0, so it was still set to 10. Setting it to 0 made the warning go away.

On the second warning, here is the explanation:
    "In this current PMR the customer is trying to use RRA (WebSphere Relational Resource Adapter) with non transactional driver. What happens in this use case is we do not enlist with the Websphere transaction manager. So from a WebSphere perspective there is no transactions. But there is truly a transaction at the database level. In the non transactional use case, when the customers application closes a connection. The RRA will send close to the database. If the database connection is still in a transaction at the database level we need to know what the customer want the RRA to tell the database to do with the uncommitted work. This can really only happen with auto commit is false. The property commitOrRollbackOnCleanup property is to allow the customer to specify a specific action they want the RRA to take with any uncommitted work during a close. The choices for the property are commit or rollback. The messages the customer is seeing in the log are just a warning that are in a non transactional case with auto commit false and they have not set the property to select a default behavior."

and

"Only DB2 supports the Unit of Work detection. If you don't want the Relational Resource Adapter to issue any commands, you should not specify the property. If the property is not specified the Relational Resource Adapter will not perform any action. However, on connection close the database may still commit or rollback the work."
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      332 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-01T22:58:15Z  in response to Wes_Clark
      We arev getting the same issue after setting the statement pool size to 0. We are using the
      Integrated Solutions Console, 7.0.0.11. Any help on this is truly appreciated.
  • nvreddy
    nvreddy
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-05-03T01:46:45Z  in response to Wes_Clark
    Hi Clark,

I configured the properties as you mentioned.
    Non-transactional data source - checked
    commitOrRollbackOnCleanup - commit
    defaultConnectionTypeOverride - unshared

But Iam still getting the following warnings.

WSRdbManagedC W DSRA1300E: Feature is not implemented: javax.sql.PooledConnection.addStatementEventListener

DSConfigurati W DSRA8200W: DataSource Configuration: DSRA8020E: Warning: The property 'commitOrRollbackOnCleanUp' does not exist on the DataSource class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXADataSource.

5/2/11 18:46:30:879 PDT 0000002d DSConfigurati W DSRA8200W: DataSource Configuration: DSRA8020E: Warning: The property 'defaultConnectionTypeoverride' does not exist on the DataSource class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXADataSource.

Thanks,
    Vidhisha