• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-01-13T13:32:52Z by SystemAdmin
tgarrard
tgarrard
3 Posts

Pinned topic White paper on using the MDM Workbench

‏2009-05-27T14:14:42Z | mdm-migration
Hi,

I've attached a White paper on how to extend MDM Server functionality using the MDM Workbench. Any feedback would be much appreciated

Regards

Tony Garrard

Update: A new version of the white paper is now available for version 9. Both versions are available using the following links:

MDM 8.5 White Paper
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/files/app/person/110000B6Y8/file/0c43c121-1ccd-4524-ba69-3e9f9df00651

MDM 9 White Paper
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/files/app/person/110000B6Y8/file/c35b7f82-b2ae-445e-bd7f-498ef2ca53fb

Edited by: jamest_admin on Apr 12, 2010 12:33 PM
  • RKaran15
    RKaran15
    3 Posts

Re: White paper on using the MDM Workbench

‏2009-06-10T15:48:03Z  
    Hi,

I am working on MDM8.0, and currently working on BusinessAdmin UI. We have customized code tables in the project.
    We extended the CodeTables framework and customized the code tables by creating the EObj, CodeTableProperties, CodeTableRSProcessor.
    Now, we need to bring those customzed code tables into Business Admin UI.
    Can you please tell me the steps to follow in bringing the customized code tables onto the BusinessAdmin UI.

Thanks
    Ram
  • tgarrard
    tgarrard
    3 Posts

‏2009-06-10T16:50:27Z  
    • RKaran15
    • ‏2009-06-10T15:48:03Z
    Hi,

I am working on MDM8.0, and currently working on BusinessAdmin UI. We have customized code tables in the project.
    We extended the CodeTables framework and customized the code tables by creating the EObj, CodeTableProperties, CodeTableRSProcessor.
    Can you please tell me the steps to follow in bringing the customized code tables onto the BusinessAdmin UI.

Thanks
    Ram
    Hi Ram,

Are you talking about the DataStewardship UI that is shipped as sample code ? If so there is a section on adding code tables in the MDMDataStewardshipUIDevelopersGuide pdf ? Or are you asking how to retrieve/set data from these tables ?

Regards

Tony
  • RKaran15
    RKaran15
    3 Posts

‏2009-06-10T17:19:30Z  
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. The MDMDataStewardshipUIDevelopersGuide pdf is related to the master data transaction tables like Party, Org etc.
    I am looking something related to admin part like managing the code tables, security, metadata etc. I did the following things till now

1. I installedthe MDMBusinessAdmin.ear file from admin consloe and did the server settings and am able to view the Out of the Box (OOTB) code tables and other admin tables.

2. But, my project requirement is to have additional code tables apart from the OOTB.

3. I created these additional code tables by extending the CodeTables Framework of MDM8.0. Where in I created the classes which I mentioned in my previous mail.

4. Now my requirement is to configure the Business Admin UI to show these newly created code table additions into the business admin UI. So that Business Admin
    of the client company can manage these newly created code tables.

5. I need the steps in adding these code tables into the business admin UI.

It will be a great help if you have the steps in executing the step5 above.

Thanks
    Ram
  • tgarrard
    tgarrard
    3 Posts

‏2009-06-10T18:39:38Z  
    • RKaran15
    • ‏2009-06-10T17:19:30Z
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. The MDMDataStewardshipUIDevelopersGuide pdf is related to the master data transaction tables like Party, Org etc.
    I am looking something related to admin part like managing the code tables, security, metadata etc. I did the following things till now

1. I installedthe MDMBusinessAdmin.ear file from admin consloe and did the server settings and am able to view the Out of the Box (OOTB) code tables and other admin tables.

2. But, my project requirement is to have additional code tables apart from the OOTB.

3. I created these additional code tables by extending the CodeTables Framework of MDM8.0. Where in I created the classes which I mentioned in my previous mail.

4. Now my requirement is to configure the Business Admin UI to show these newly created code table additions into the business admin UI. So that Business Admin
    of the client company can manage these newly created code tables.

5. I need the steps in adding these code tables into the business admin UI.

It will be a great help if you have the steps in executing the step5 above.

Thanks
    Ram
    Hi Ram,

According to the pdf I mentioned (page 19, though I am looking at MDM 8.5), you can add extra codetables by modifying the class com.ibm.mdm.ui.data.CodeTablesData (seems to be an error in the docs as its mentioning a different package). This class is packaged in the MDMBusinessAdmin.ear (inside CommonUIModel.jar). So you should be able to import the ear into your workspace (you might need to check the CommonUIModel.jar so that its imported as a project). You could then copy the source from the samples into this project and make the required modifications. I haven't tried this, but if you have any more questions/issues you may want to post a new question in this forum so that someone with more experience on this can reply.

Regards

Tony
  • Evyatar
    Evyatar
    12 Posts

‏2009-06-14T06:32:27Z  
    It looks good, but it could be really helpful if you would add guidelines for defining new MDM composite services.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2010-07-23T10:52:19Z  
    New white paper available

MDM Workbench Project Best Practices & Performance Tuning Guide
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/files/app/person/110000B6Y8/file/53a69dc0-1f82-4132-8944-42ed98735ef8

This document aims to capture experiences taken from successful projects that have been executed using the MDM Workbench. By utilizing the experiences taken from using the MDM Workbench on a number of different projects this article aims to recommend best practices and to identify common pitfalls when using the tools and how to avoid them.
  • jastiMDM
    jastiMDM
    3 Posts

‏2010-09-22T12:12:45Z  
    • RKaran15
    • ‏2009-06-10T15:48:03Z
    Hi,

Thanks
    Ram
    Hi Karan,

Can you please help me in How to extend the existing MDM Code tables ?

Much appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    J
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2011-01-13T11:40:34Z  
    HI,

I am begineer to MDM. Want to explore & learn the MDM process. And i am JD edward - SND Funtional consultant. Request all to support me or provide some documents to learn MDM.

Anand
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2011-01-13T13:32:52Z  
    HI,

I am begineer to MDM. Want to explore & learn the MDM process. And i am JD edward - SND Funtional consultant. Request all to support me or provide some documents to learn MDM.

Anand
    Hi Anand,

I'd recommend joining the MDM Developers group to have a look at some of the resources available to the MDM community. Is there any area you're particularly interested in? Are you looking for an overview of MDM, or details on specific products, and any preferences for courses, books, tutorials, articles, documentation etc.?

Regards, James