• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-12T09:44:08Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
847 Posts

Pinned topic Portal Server not displaying child nodes

‏2009-05-27T12:27:37Z |
Hi,

I installed the ITCAM Portal server, and when you open a node in the navigator... like Microsoft Exchange Server, it shows Kex:KEX1133 not what it should.

how do i fix this?
Updated on 2012-11-12T09:44:08Z at 2012-11-12T09:44:08Z by SystemAdmin
  • dirkw
    dirkw
    8 Posts

Re: Portal Server not displaying child nodes

‏2009-05-27T12:37:22Z  
    the navigator item names you see, are typically caused by application support not being present at the TEPS.
    When you install a new type of Agent (Exchange ...) - you should also apply its application support to all TEMS and TEPS in your environment - so they know what kind of data is coming ;-)

If you have already done so, it may help to just restart the TEPS again .....
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts

‏2009-05-27T12:44:40Z  
    • dirkw
    • ‏2009-05-27T12:37:22Z
    the navigator item names you see, are typically caused by application support not being present at the TEPS.
    When you install a new type of Agent (Exchange ...) - you should also apply its application support to all TEMS and TEPS in your environment - so they know what kind of data is coming ;-)

If you have already done so, it may help to just restart the TEPS again .....
    I tried that already :-\

once i installed the support on TEMS i recycled it, then installed the support on TEPS and recycled, that gave me the nodes below the applications, but the actual names are still k**:K*****. is there a SQL to re-run?
  • dirkw
    dirkw
    8 Posts

‏2009-05-27T12:49:49Z  
    I tried that already :-\

once i installed the support on TEMS i recycled it, then installed the support on TEPS and recycled, that gave me the nodes below the applications, but the actual names are still k**:K*****. is there a SQL to re-run?
    the most likely cause is missing jar files for the application support -
    Check ie C:\IBM\ITM\CNB\classes for kxx_resources.jar files - and if they can be loaded correctly by your TEP client.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts

‏2009-05-27T12:54:30Z  
    • dirkw
    • ‏2009-05-27T12:49:49Z
    the most likely cause is missing jar files for the application support -
    Check ie C:\IBM\ITM\CNB\classes for kxx_resources.jar files - and if they can be loaded correctly by your TEP client.
    they all look to be there, when i click on the child nodes in the navigator, i get results to the right, but since they are miss named in the navigator i have no idea what nodes i am clicking on. the "Active Directory" and all are named right but the children of them are incorrect. Any thoughts?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts

‏2009-05-27T12:56:15Z  
    they all look to be there, when i click on the child nodes in the navigator, i get results to the right, but since they are miss named in the navigator i have no idea what nodes i am clicking on. the "Active Directory" and all are named right but the children of them are incorrect. Any thoughts?
    ok, nvm, it looks good in the web client, but when i install the desktop client , thats when its inncorrect
  • dirkw
    dirkw
    8 Posts

‏2009-05-27T12:58:42Z  
    ok, nvm, it looks good in the web client, but when i install the desktop client , thats when its inncorrect
    ok - the 'fat' desktop client needs to be updated with the application files too...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts

‏2009-05-27T13:46:25Z  
    • dirkw
    • ‏2009-05-27T12:58:42Z
    ok - the 'fat' desktop client needs to be updated with the application files too...
    ok, i got the support installed, but the ones under Windows OS are not showing. everything else looks good. but there is no windows support when running the agents installer.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts

‏2012-11-12T09:44:08Z  
    ok, i got the support installed, but the ones under Windows OS are not showing. everything else looks good. but there is no windows support when running the agents installer.
    Hi,

I've got the same error on TEPS. Node has 6.2.3 version of ITCAM Microsoft Applications (Exchange). I've installed application supports both TEPS and TEMS. But the workspace's names look like Kex:KEX.... How can I fix this?

Could you please advice?
    thanks.