Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-09-02T13:39:52Z by divpri
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
61 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Fail to connect to DataStage server V7.5

‏2009-05-26T04:02:56Z |
Hi, First of all I'm not really familiar with this product. I was doing some upgrading on client Linux box, upgrading from Redhat 3 to Redhat 4. After the upgrade the DataStage server cant start up properly but client can't connect to the server. It gave the below error.

Failed to connect to host
User name and/or password incorrect (80011)

As for the user account (LDAP user) if you login directly to the Linux server, it can login without problem. But when trying to login using the client interface it gave the above error.

By the way the DataStage data located in filer so after the upgrade we just mount back and start up the DataStage server. On operating system, do I need to configure anything?
Updated on 2009-09-02T13:39:52Z at 2009-09-02T13:39:52Z by divpri
  • Munchun
    Munchun
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Fail to connect to DataStage server V7.5

‏2009-05-26T10:18:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Share User Registry between IBM Information Server and DataStage Server
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      61 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-05-27T02:27:29Z  in response to Munchun
      There is a typo in my previous post. The DataStage server can startup properly but user cannot login into it.

Thanks Munchun,

But how to do that? I dont have any access to the application and this machine is on remote site (we only support the OS but we trying to help the customer to resolve the application issue). Sorry if I'm asking too much but really I'm not familiar with the application.
      • divpri
        divpri
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-02T13:39:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi Mohtar,
        Did you get any break through in this? I am facing the same issue. We have modified the password in the Linux OS level and now we are not able to start up the services nor connect from Datastage client. Can you please help me out as soon as possible?
        Please find the log file below:
        root@sevrdsa1 server1# tail -30 stopServer.log
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:44)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:315)
        at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.createAdminClient(AdminClientFactory.java:296)
        ... 12 more
        Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: Failed to get a connection with IP address associated with hostname sevrdsa1
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:293)
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.<init>(SOAPConnectorClient.java:188)
        ... 17 more
        Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: Failed to get a connection with IP address associated with hostname sevrdsa1
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.getUrl(SOAPConnectorClient.java:994)
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.access$200(SOAPConnectorClient.java:94)
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient$2.run(SOAPConnectorClient.java:264)
        at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:257)
        ... 18 more
        Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:336)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:201)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:188)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:428)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:335)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:179)
        at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.getUrl(SOAPConnectorClient.java:973)
        ... 22 more

3/29/10 12:44:03:649 CEST 0000000a AdminTool A ADMU0509I: The server "server1" cannot be reached. It appears to be stopped.
        3/29/10 12:44:03:649 CEST 0000000a AdminTool A ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file: /opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/default/logs/server1/stopServer.log