Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-06-08T16:01:43Z by DGawron
dmelby
dmelby
2 Posts

Pinned topic Lotus Forms extension

‏2009-05-08T19:53:46Z |
I see that WPF has a Lotus forms extension, but I don't see any documentation on how to design and implement. Can anybody get me pointed in the right direction?
Updated on 2009-06-08T16:01:43Z at 2009-06-08T16:01:43Z by DGawron
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    12 Posts

Re: Lotus Forms extension

‏2009-05-11T04:30:08Z  
    The WPF form builders are used to embed smallish forms within a WPF page or launch larger forms in a separate browser window. The builders themselves cannot be used to create or edit forms. To create and edit forms you'll need to use an Xforms authoring tool such as IBM Workplace Forms Designer. You could also create forms by hand since they are XML-based, but it would be a lot of work for anything more than the simplest of forms.

Once you have a form, then you can use the builders to integrate that form with WPF. You have several options for populating a form with data and submitting form data back to the server (WPF web app or another web app). I don't recall if the the WPF Wiki contains any articles about integrating WPF and XForms. If not and you are still interested, then I can put together a basic sample to get you going.
  • dmelby
    dmelby
    2 Posts

‏2009-05-11T15:19:08Z  
    • DGawron
    • ‏2009-05-11T04:30:08Z
    The WPF form builders are used to embed smallish forms within a WPF page or launch larger forms in a separate browser window. The builders themselves cannot be used to create or edit forms. To create and edit forms you'll need to use an Xforms authoring tool such as IBM Workplace Forms Designer. You could also create forms by hand since they are XML-based, but it would be a lot of work for anything more than the simplest of forms.

Once you have a form, then you can use the builders to integrate that form with WPF. You have several options for populating a form with data and submitting form data back to the server (WPF web app or another web app). I don't recall if the the WPF Wiki contains any articles about integrating WPF and XForms. If not and you are still interested, then I can put together a basic sample to get you going.
    We are currently using LF 3.5, so we do have the tool. If you could provide a simple example, that would be great. I haven't had any luck looking around for tutorials, wikis, etc., so if there's another resource to consult that would be helpful also.
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    12 Posts

‏2009-06-08T16:01:43Z  
    • dmelby
    • ‏2009-05-11T15:19:08Z
    We are currently using LF 3.5, so we do have the tool. If you could provide a simple example, that would be great. I haven't had any luck looking around for tutorials, wikis, etc., so if there's another resource to consult that would be helpful also.
    The Forms feature set includes a sample provider model and consumer model that illustrates embedding a Form into a WPF page.