Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-06-30T12:59:49Z by ScottN
ArtK
ArtK
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Customizing rule sets

‏2009-04-24T21:43:05Z |
I'd like to create a rule set, using the extension points provided, but with some customization. I'd like to include existing rules but change the default severity and parameters (such as some name patterns.) Is it possible to do this within the com.ibm.rsaz.analysis.core.analysisRuleSet extension point, or do I need to create entirely new rules that reference the existing implementation classes? I'd prefer to avoid doing that, since it requires some reverse engineering to find the class names.

My alternative is to create a profile and export it, but that can be awkward since I'd have to import it for each analysis profile -- I'm already creating a plug-in with some custom rules, so adding a rule set would be nice.
Updated on 2010-06-30T12:59:49Z at 2010-06-30T12:59:49Z by ScottN
  • ScottN
    ScottN
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Customizing rule sets

‏2009-05-05T20:51:27Z  in response to ArtK
    Hi ArtK,
    To change the severity on the rule you do not need to create a new rule, just change it on the UI...same goes with the rule parameters. The rule set extension point will only help in defining the rule set not the overall rule severity or parameters. Let me know if you have any further questions.
    Many thanks,
    Scott
    • ArtK
      ArtK
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-29T20:19:20Z  in response to ScottN
      Thanks. Being able to override severities from inside a plug-in would be a nice enhancement.
      • ScottN
        ScottN
        20 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-30T12:59:49Z  in response to ArtK
        Thanks Art...I think that is a great idea. I will take this back to the team.