Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-12T22:58:02Z by kimbert@uk.ibm.com
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4179 Posts

Pinned topic One way operation sending back Response causing error in SOAP Nodes

‏2009-04-14T09:27:29Z |
Hi,

I have created a one way operation in Websphere Process Server and expose the operation as a webservice export binding from there. I use the generated WSDL to call the Process from websphere message broker using SOAP Nodes(SOAPRequest).
But due to some unknown reason, I get back a Response from the one way operation because of which I get back the following error:

A SOAP Request node received a response message body when one was not expected as a OneWay Messsage Exchange Pattern (MEP) was being used. The HTTP Request was made to the destination ''http://<ip>:9080/PEDModuleWeb/sca/RetrieveSecNumberExport1''. The HTTP Status-Line returned was: ''HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error''.
It is an error for a remote web server to return a payload when the selected operation is a One-Way MEP.

Attaching the WSDL file as reference
Any suggestions please.

Thanks and Regards,
Ninad Patil
Updated on 2012-12-12T22:58:02Z at 2012-12-12T22:58:02Z by kimbert@uk.ibm.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4179 Posts

Re: One way operation sending back Response causing error in SOAP Nodes

‏2012-12-09T14:51:01Z  
    did you find any solution .. I'm facing the exact same issue,
    but I believe its not related to the backend server.. as I have tested it with mock service, the thing is that the request node fails to send the request to the backend
  • kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    kimbert@uk.ibm.com
    515 Posts

Re: One way operation sending back Response causing error in SOAP Nodes

‏2012-12-12T22:58:02Z  
    The error is very clear - the SOAPRequest node got an unexpected reply. I would guess that the solution involves trapping the exception in the message flow and writing some error handling / recovery logic.