Topic
  • 23 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-10-12T00:17:40Z by CarlosMX
PRiMoZ-
PRiMoZ-
28 Posts

Pinned topic Maximo 6 and IE 8

‏2009-04-08T08:05:06Z |
Has anyone try to use Maximo 6 in Internet Explorer 8. There are problems with javascript.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)
Timestamp: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:03:09 UTC

Line: 554
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://...server name.../maximo/webclient/javascript/menus.js
Updated on 2011-10-12T00:17:40Z at 2011-10-12T00:17:40Z by CarlosMX
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Maximo 6 and IE 8

‏2009-04-09T18:06:14Z  
    IE 8 is not yet support by any version of Maximo.

It's essential to read the IBM Maximo System Requirements
    for your release of Maximo, this include Adobe Acrobat
    for reports, java JRE version and IE.
  • ImmortalSoul
    ImmortalSoul
    2 Posts

‏2009-04-10T12:00:58Z  
    No jst sm to najdu

Here is solution

The latest version of Internet Explorer, versioon 8, is showing an error when trying to open sub-menus under the Go To main menu. This problem is quite seriously imparing Maximo's navigation for users.

Fortunately, the problem can be solved quite easily. The issue here is a rather simple Javascript error due to condition check on a variable. This variable is, in the cases of sub-menus, undefined. Obviously, the Javascript engine in IE8 is not reacting like its predecessor with those instructions.

To fix the issue, you have to open your menus.js file located under maximo_home/applications/maximo/maximouiweb/webmodule/webclient/javascript. The error is usually reported in this file at line 507 but can also occur somewhere else. So, change the following lines:

line 491: if(opener), change it with: if(popObj.openermenu!=false)

line 507: if(opener), change it with: if(popObj.openermenu!=false).

Since now the opener variable is not used anywhere else in this function, you can also get rid of line 488 ( opener = popObj.openermenu).

Have fun using Maximo 6 with IE8!!!
  • PRiMoZ-
    PRiMoZ-
    28 Posts

‏2009-04-10T16:02:23Z  
    No jst sm to najdu

Here is solution

The latest version of Internet Explorer, versioon 8, is showing an error when trying to open sub-menus under the Go To main menu. This problem is quite seriously imparing Maximo's navigation for users.

Fortunately, the problem can be solved quite easily. The issue here is a rather simple Javascript error due to condition check on a variable. This variable is, in the cases of sub-menus, undefined. Obviously, the Javascript engine in IE8 is not reacting like its predecessor with those instructions.

To fix the issue, you have to open your menus.js file located under maximo_home/applications/maximo/maximouiweb/webmodule/webclient/javascript. The error is usually reported in this file at line 507 but can also occur somewhere else. So, change the following lines:

Since now the opener variable is not used anywhere else in this function, you can also get rid of line 488 ( opener = popObj.openermenu).

This is not working for me. Because we probably have different version of Maximo 6.

The solution is:
    Change all if(opener) with if(popObj.openermenu). In my menu.js was three instances.
    You can also delete variable declaration which is opener = popObj.openermenu.

Now works fine.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2009-05-25T09:20:08Z  
    • PRiMoZ-
    • ‏2009-04-10T16:02:23Z
    This is not working for me. Because we probably have different version of Maximo 6.

The solution is:
    Change all if(opener) with if(popObj.openermenu). In my menu.js was three instances.
    You can also delete variable declaration which is opener = popObj.openermenu.

Now works fine.
    I've made the suggested changes but still getting the error message. I too have 3 instances of if(opener) in menus.js and tried replacing them all with if(popObj.openermenu) as well as tried if(popObj.openermenu!=false) - both methods still result in the line 554 error message. We're on version 6.2.3 . appreciate any update. thx
  • PRiMoZ-
    PRiMoZ-
    28 Posts

‏2009-05-25T09:57:05Z  
    I've made the suggested changes but still getting the error message. I too have 3 instances of if(opener) in menus.js and tried replacing them all with if(popObj.openermenu) as well as tried if(popObj.openermenu!=false) - both methods still result in the line 554 error message. We're on version 6.2.3 . appreciate any update. thx
    Change all opener to popObj.openermenu in this function setPopLocation. This solves the main menu errors. I noticed that there are still some errors in application designer. But overall maximo should work.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2009-07-28T15:29:16Z  
    • PRiMoZ-
    • ‏2009-05-25T09:57:05Z
    Change all opener to popObj.openermenu in this function setPopLocation. This solves the main menu errors. I noticed that there are still some errors in application designer. But overall maximo should work.
    90% worked for me - all except Attachment-> Add New Attachment , then don't get the further submenu 'Add File' or 'Add URL'.
    Most inconvenient!

Any further suggested fixes ?

thanks

Stuart
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2009-08-04T08:49:35Z  
    90% worked for me - all except Attachment-> Add New Attachment , then don't get the further submenu 'Add File' or 'Add URL'.
    Most inconvenient!

thanks

Stuart
    Hi all,

I try to use maximo with IE8 on Windows 7, but...so i try to install IE7 or IE6 on Windows 7 and unforturnately that does not work. Then, i googled and find out the solution is IEtest @ http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage. Everything go find until i try to run out a report and error occurs as below:

Error 500--Internal Server Error

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
    10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

And this is my hosts file already configured:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
    172.16.1.3 srv-app1

If someone got some points pls let me know,

Thanks in advance,

Linh
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2009-08-28T18:39:33Z  
    Folks,

Not really sure how this actually does the job for anyone (@ 6.2.X up) as I have seen people still having issues following the exact same steps here in Yahoo, on MaximoKB and also on the IBM website which all show the exact same solution.

My awesome developer actually looked at the issue and found that the
    this is what will actually work with a 6.2.3 env & 6.2.4 after doing what thread says:

Line 543 comment out:
    //opener = popObj.openermenu;

Then
    Replace all references of opener (having done the changes in this thread)
    with popObj.openermenu

So
    Line 548
    if(popObj.openermenu)

Line 549
    menuX= menuX-popObj.openermenu.clientWidth-popObj.clientWidth;

Line 554
    if(popObj.openermenu)

Line 555
    menuY-=parseInt(popObj.openermenu.scrollTop);

This fixed our ability to use IE 8 for a 6.2.3 as well as a 6.2.4 env. No idea how the simple solution of thread worked for others and why line numbers are so dif but so be it.
    Miller

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2009-09-08T17:01:16Z  
    IE 8 is not yet support by any version of Maximo.

It's essential to read the IBM Maximo System Requirements
    for your release of Maximo, this include Adobe Acrobat
    for reports, java JRE version and IE.
    I was told that IBM is not going to support IE8 on Maximo 6.x but may have a patch for Maximo 7.x. Anyone have an up date on this?

jb
  • TimBratcher
    TimBratcher
    31 Posts

‏2009-12-14T17:37:27Z  
    I was told that IBM is not going to support IE8 on Maximo 6.x but may have a patch for Maximo 7.x. Anyone have an up date on this?

jb
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3214&context=SSLKT6&uid=swg21383194&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en

2009-11-28
    "Internet Explorer 8 support for Maximo Asset Management"

"Question
    Does Maximo support Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 browser?

Answer
    Support for Internet explorer 8 is included in the released fixpack 6.2.5. Currently, there is no support for Internet Explorer 8 for Maximo 7. Enhancement Request number MR0415092146 is open to request this support. While IE 8 testing is ongoing against Maximo Base Services 7.1.1.6, we cannot yet announce if this browser version support will be introduced with this fix pack.

This document will be updated once the testing effort is complete."

I'm considering updating from 6.2.3 to 6.2.5 just for this.
  • aaof
    aaof
    2 Posts

‏2010-01-07T16:06:01Z  
    I'm currently running Maximo 6.2.3 with Service Provider 6.1.1 and did like this:

and change all opener occurrencies to popObj.openermenu but still no good...
    Does anyone have another alternative besides upgrading do 6.2.5 ?
  • aaof
    aaof
    2 Posts

‏2010-01-07T16:52:03Z  
    • aaof
    • ‏2010-01-07T16:06:01Z
    I'm currently running Maximo 6.2.3 with Service Provider 6.1.1 and did like this:

and change all opener occurrencies to popObj.openermenu but still no good...
    Does anyone have another alternative besides upgrading do 6.2.5 ?
    Sorry! noob mistake!
    forgot to clean my browser's cache... Now it's working okay!
  • gelosoft
    gelosoft
    1 Post

‏2010-04-12T04:55:36Z  
    No jst sm to najdu

Here is solution

Thanks for this information it works fine just re-deploy the maximo apps.

line 507: if(opener), change it with: if(popObj.openermenu!=false)

but theres a bit problem in third level of submenu it doesnt come out.
    if you have reliable information it will be a big help for us here. Thanks morepower.
  • artootski
    artootski
    6 Posts

‏2010-05-03T12:12:12Z  
    The easy was is to download the 6.25 or 6.26 patch and extract the menu,js file and replace your 6.23 menu.js with the file from the 6.25 or 6.26 patch. You can use a file compare program such as beyond compare 3 to see the differences and relate it back to all the recommended changes in the posts.
  • YasarMansoor
    YasarMansoor
    5 Posts

‏2010-05-17T03:39:08Z  
    Hi All,

Please advise if the same can be applied on Maximo 6.1

We have Windows XP, IE 6
    Upgrading to Windows 7, IE 8

The following attempts were unsuccessful.

1 - ) Made necessary changes to opener with popObj.openermenu where needed. Menus did not appear even in Win XP-IE6. So reverted back to its original state.
    2 - ) Downloaded the 6.2.5 Patch, extracted the menu.js file and replaced orignal menu.js, still menus did not appear even in Win XP-IE6. So reverted back to its original state.

Thanks in advance.
  • JRen
    JRen
    4 Posts

‏2010-06-09T18:24:23Z  
    We have a local issue that keeps us from upgrading to Maximo 6.2.5 so reviewed the menus.js file from 6.2.5 and found:

opener = popObj.openermenu;

had changed to

var opener = popObj.openermenu;

So added the three characters "var" and rebuilt the Maximo ear, and cleared the websphere cache files and restarted Maximo. All menu's and submenus now work fine for us in Windows 7 & IE8 environment. We are windows 2003 server, websphere 6.0 and Maximo 6.2.2 DB Build V600-609.

Note had previously tried some of the other "fixes" and had mixed results.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2010-06-10T07:00:32Z  
    • JRen
    • ‏2010-06-09T18:24:23Z
    We have a local issue that keeps us from upgrading to Maximo 6.2.5 so reviewed the menus.js file from 6.2.5 and found:

opener = popObj.openermenu;

had changed to

var opener = popObj.openermenu;

So added the three characters "var" and rebuilt the Maximo ear, and cleared the websphere cache files and restarted Maximo. All menu's and submenus now work fine for us in Windows 7 & IE8 environment. We are windows 2003 server, websphere 6.0 and Maximo 6.2.2 DB Build V600-609.

Note had previously tried some of the other "fixes" and had mixed results.
    We did the changes to menus.js on v6.2.4. All menu works fine after clearing the cache. Meantime we have problem with the custom integrated BIRT report. It seems that in IE8 the CustomReport.jsp does not get the parameters which reports to run.

String reportFile = (String)request.getParameter("reportFile");

reportFile variable is always null with IE8.
    Any advice from on this problem?

Thanks,
    Tamás
  • MaximoReddy
    MaximoReddy
    48 Posts

‏2010-08-16T02:50:30Z  
    Most inconvenient!

thanks

Stuart
    Hi,

As I have followed all the steps suggested in this thread, 90% of maximo working fine.

Except Attachment files in the application screen.

Please let me know if anyone have solution/suggestion for this. This is very urgent.

Maximo 6.2.0 + IE8

Thanks in Advance
    Reddy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2010-08-16T03:22:42Z  
    This worked for us;
    Update the “menu.js” file under the maximo folder structure on the server with the following change.

Change: “opener = popObj.openermenu;”
    To: “var opener = popObj.openermenu;”

Note it is case sensitive, then stop Maximo rebuild the Maximo ear file, and restart Maximo.

But sure and clear the cach.

Jerry
  • MaximoReddy
    MaximoReddy
    48 Posts

‏2010-08-16T05:28:40Z  
    This worked for us;
    Update the “menu.js” file under the maximo folder structure on the server with the following change.

Change: “opener = popObj.openermenu;”
    To: “var opener = popObj.openermenu;”

Note it is case sensitive, then stop Maximo rebuild the Maximo ear file, and restart Maximo.

But sure and clear the cach.

Jerry
    Thanks a lot for providing solution. Attached documents is working fine now.

Reddy
  • kurtz_
    kurtz_
    1 Post

‏2011-03-02T23:41:56Z  
    Thanks a lot for providing solution. Attached documents is working fine now.

Reddy
    Hello,

I am running 6.2.1 and I made the 'var' addition to the menu.js, but it did not fix the attachment problem. It fixed the initial menus problem, though. Maybe I have not cleared cache correctly? How is it done thoroughly?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2011-04-14T15:21:15Z  
    • kurtz_
    • ‏2011-03-02T23:41:56Z
    Hello,

I am running 6.2.1 and I made the 'var' addition to the menu.js, but it did not fix the attachment problem. It fixed the initial menus problem, though. Maybe I have not cleared cache correctly? How is it done thoroughly?
    After following all of the steps in this thread, we got to a point where menu's were working (on both 2nd and 3rd tiers) - but attachments weren't. We then found a blog http://tinyurl.com/6x2wlps. We took the code from this blog article and copied over our entire setPopLocation(popObj) function, and now both menu's AND attachments work.

We've actually had the author of the blog, Bruno on site before, and he's very good.

HTH
  • CarlosMX
    CarlosMX
    1 Post

‏2011-10-12T00:17:40Z  
    After following all of the steps in this thread, we got to a point where menu's were working (on both 2nd and 3rd tiers) - but attachments weren't. We then found a blog http://tinyurl.com/6x2wlps. We took the code from this blog article and copied over our entire setPopLocation(popObj) function, and now both menu's AND attachments work.

We've actually had the author of the blog, Bruno on site before, and he's very good.

HTH
    Hi poftsg,

I tried to access to http://tinyurl.com/6x2wlps, but it doesn't work. I believe this post is not existing anymore.

Could you please post the code and/or full URL?

Thanks, man.