Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-04-07T12:35:38Z by a_p_UK
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
475 Posts

Pinned topic Problem with Rational Quality Manager trial

‏2009-04-06T16:43:55Z |
Hello, I've installed the trial and have configured it to use a db2 db. Have successfully created the necessary tables as per documentation.

After starting my server, I launch the RQM web app and try to login using ADMIN/ADMIN but it doesn't log me in. No error message is displayed. On the other hand if I enter another user id or password, I get an error saying that the username or password is incorrect.

Am I missing something?
  • Milind_Gholap
    Milind_Gholap
    14 Posts

Re: Problem with Rational Quality Manager trial

‏2009-04-07T06:08:38Z  
    Hi Paul,

Check the server activity while logging in, also check the server log in the installation directory.

There is a possibility of incorrect username and passswords in DB2 configuration in teamserver.properties file.

Milind
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

‏2009-04-07T12:29:41Z  
    Hi Paul,

Check the server activity while logging in, also check the server log in the installation directory.

There is a possibility of incorrect username and passswords in DB2 configuration in teamserver.properties file.

Milind
    No activity on the server / tomcat window whatsoever while trying to log in. Here are the entries in my RQM.log file:

07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,749 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.repourl".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,759 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.username".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,759 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.password".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,759 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.repourl".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,769 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.username".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,769 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.password".
  • a_p_UK
    a_p_UK
    10 Posts

‏2009-04-07T12:35:38Z  
    No activity on the server / tomcat window whatsoever while trying to log in. Here are the entries in my RQM.log file:

07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,749 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.repourl".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,759 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.username".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,759 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.password".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,759 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.repourl".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,769 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.username".
    07 Apr 2009 09:24:39,769 Start Level Event Dispatcher WARN ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - The com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service bundle's plugin.xml uses the component id "com.ibm.rqm.requirement" as the prefix to a <configurationProperty> element's "name" attribute with the value "com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.interop.password".
    I had a similar problem where I had inadvertantly done something to the db2 instance i.e. my db2admin user which I had specified in the .properties file no longer had permission to access the RQM instance. So try looking at the db2 logs as well !

AP