Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-04-08T23:45:34Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
475 Posts

Pinned topic RFT Adapter Reconnecting Issue?

‏2009-04-03T20:50:55Z |
This could probably go under the RFT section of the developerworks forums, but since it is related to RQM, I am posting it here.

I am running into a new problem using the RFT adapter provided in RFT 8.0, where I try to connect to my RQM jazz server. After I click "Start Adapter", the message in the bottom-left corner of the screen will say "Connected", although my console continuously outputs "reconnecting to <server path...>". The user credentials that I am supplying this adapter with are my own, and I have already granted myself the four kinds of access licenses, as well as made myself Administrator and member of the default project area and project area team, respectively.

I have run into this problem before, but I believe it was a direct result of a database corruption; I was able to resolve it by running "repotools -createTables" again to re-create the database and indices. But now, running this tool again does nothing for me. I have even gone as far as performing a fresh re-installation of RQM from scratch, but still this does not work.

Has anybody else had problems using the RFT adapter?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

    Re: RFT Adapter Reconnecting Issue?

    ‏2009-04-06T20:57:07Z  
    Found out today that this is not related to RQM or RFT ... I am certain that the root of the issue lies with WAS.

    After looking at the server logs to see what might be going on, I came across this:

    4/6/09 13:50:48:998 PDT 00000022 FormLoginExte E SECJ0118E: Authentication error during authentication for user ajbetz@us.ibm.com
    4/6/09 13:50:49:014 PDT 00000022 LTPAServerObj W SECJ0371W: Validation of the LTPA token failed because the token expired with the following info: Token expiration Date: Tue Mar 31 11:37:02 PDT 2009, current Date: Mon Apr 06 13:50:49 PDT 2009.

    This thread can be closed, as the issue is more with an expired LTPA token in Websphere (or my test machines, perhaps) than with RQM or the adapter.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

    Re: RFT Adapter Reconnecting Issue?

    ‏2009-04-06T21:27:30Z  
    Found out today that this is not related to RQM or RFT ... I am certain that the root of the issue lies with WAS.

    After looking at the server logs to see what might be going on, I came across this:

    4/6/09 13:50:48:998 PDT 00000022 FormLoginExte E SECJ0118E: Authentication error during authentication for user ajbetz@us.ibm.com
    4/6/09 13:50:49:014 PDT 00000022 LTPAServerObj W SECJ0371W: Validation of the LTPA token failed because the token expired with the following info: Token expiration Date: Tue Mar 31 11:37:02 PDT 2009, current Date: Mon Apr 06 13:50:49 PDT 2009.

    This thread can be closed, as the issue is more with an expired LTPA token in Websphere (or my test machines, perhaps) than with RQM or the adapter.
    I forgot to mention in my last post ... I still do not know how to resolve this problem ... Any further help would be greatly appreciated!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

    Re: RFT Adapter Reconnecting Issue?

    ‏2009-04-08T23:45:34Z  
    I am certain that the problem I was experiencing was the result of an expired LTPA token in WAS, and not RQM specifically. Most likely, this was the result of my test machines being snapshot-ed virtual machines ... they were snapshot-ed while running an instance of the RQM adapter, so they would permanently have an older version of an authorized token. This is a common side-effect using virtual machines and snapshots.

    On the plus side, I was able to find a workaround for my problem ... I reverted my machines back to an earlier saved snapshot and rebuilt the test environment that I wanted to use, which meant that I reinstalled RFT 8.0. After I did this, I was able to connect to my Jazz server just fine.

    I suspect that there might have been easier ways to solve the problem with the expired LTPA WAS token. I imagine there must be some sort of file saved on the test machines that is referencing the expired token, and if I found that file, I could simply delete it to force-generate a new token, and then I shouldn't be experiencing this problem anymore (I could also look for a way to force-generate a new WAS LTPA token for that machine, but I was unable to find any methods for doing so).