Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-04-08T23:40:51Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
475 Posts

Pinned topic RFT Script - Process Ended Abnormally

‏2009-03-31T17:17:09Z |
I have a testscript in RFT 8.0 that I am trying to run on a VM that is currently running the RFT adapter.

When I begin the script execution, the script executes for maybe 15 seconds before it returns a failed result. When I view the results log, the only message I receive is "
Process exited abnormallyRational Functional Tester Log", with a link to a blank HTML page. This page should be the info written out to the RFT log if any was recorded.

I have tried inserting logging statements towards the beginning of execution, but this error seems to be thrown before execution of the script begins. I am suspecting that this is not an error with the script itself, but instead a result of an improper configuration, inaccessible shared network drive, etc. The problem is that I have no concrete error message to give me any kind of helpful information to try and debug the problem.

Is there some sort of log or method that I can retrieve to receive some meaningful feedback as to why my script fails to execute?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

    Re: RFT Script - Process Ended Abnormally

    ‏2009-04-01T18:44:02Z  
    Discovered another missing piece...

    I have a host of machines that I am testing. One of the machines, a Red Hat 5 Linux machine, was successfully able to run the exact same script that failed on the Windows XP machine that I tried executing the script on earlier. This leads me to believe that the shared resource is set up correctly, and that there must be something wrong with the individual testing machine.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

    Re: RFT Script - Process Ended Abnormally

    ‏2009-04-08T23:40:51Z  
    I have now discovered that after the script results appear in RQM, I can access the machine that executed the script, and there will be a new Java core dump file in the RQM adapter directory. This core dump is being created as a result of an error while running the script. This core dump occurs on all three windows machines at exactly the point at which the script is executed. In fact, If I look through the dump file, I can see the execution command that appears in the RQM adapter window in this file.

    At least I can now be certain that the result of this process exiting is the result of a Java core dump and not because of a communication error, which is what I thought was going on all along. I did not encounter this problem prior to the RQM 1.0.1 release, so I suspect that there might have been a change in the Adapter code that might have triggered this issue.

    In the meantime, I have forwarded the contents of this dump file to one of the RQM adapter developers for their feedback, and i will reply with more info once it becomes available.