Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-21T14:17:18Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
527 Posts

Pinned topic SQL Access to WPG database

‏2009-03-27T14:08:16Z |
To fullfill a requirement from our ERP users, I have to extract the same information as I get if I use EDI FA Overdue Report. How can I collect this information so I can forward it to the ERP system. Can this be done with a SQL search in the WPG database ?

Does anybody know where I can get a data model of the WPG database.

Thanks.
Updated on 2013-02-21T14:17:18Z at 2013-02-21T14:17:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown
    2 Posts

Re: SQL Access to WPG database

‏2010-03-30T19:25:56Z  
    I was about to open a new thread on this, but my problem is very similar.

Our trading partners are very interested in daily reports detailing all of the files we've successfully received from the source trading partners, as well as the time at which they completed workflow processing & were submitted to the eventual destination trading partners. This information is viewable in the Document Viewer functionality of the BCG Console application, but we do not wish to give console access - security permissions would also preclude the ability of individual external trading partners to even access this information from the console, as the trading partners would be restricted to seeing the information they've submitted, not the results of processing performed by the internal partner entity & then submission to a different trading partner (e.g., only the internal partner or the hubadmin are able to perform these queries via the doc viewer).

Unfortunately, the document viewer does not have the functionality to export the results of a doc viewer query to a CSV or Excel file - and trying to take screen shots of each page of results for each partner is impractical.

I would like to execute SQL queries against the BCGAPPS DB, so that I can dump the full set of results to a file (either individual CSV files, or possibly something like a Crystal Report) which I would be able to submit on a daily basis to the trading partners (e.g., source trading partners would get a report of all files they submitted to us and the time which the file was made available to the eventual intended recipient, and destination partners would receive a report detailing all files which they were the eventual recipient of, and who sent them and at what time).

I'm looking for some documentation to aid me in this effort.
  • AvV
    AvV
    117 Posts

‏2010-03-30T20:16:53Z  
    I was about to open a new thread on this, but my problem is very similar.

Our trading partners are very interested in daily reports detailing all of the files we've successfully received from the source trading partners, as well as the time at which they completed workflow processing & were submitted to the eventual destination trading partners. This information is viewable in the Document Viewer functionality of the BCG Console application, but we do not wish to give console access - security permissions would also preclude the ability of individual external trading partners to even access this information from the console, as the trading partners would be restricted to seeing the information they've submitted, not the results of processing performed by the internal partner entity & then submission to a different trading partner (e.g., only the internal partner or the hubadmin are able to perform these queries via the doc viewer).

Unfortunately, the document viewer does not have the functionality to export the results of a doc viewer query to a CSV or Excel file - and trying to take screen shots of each page of results for each partner is impractical.

I would like to execute SQL queries against the BCGAPPS DB, so that I can dump the full set of results to a file (either individual CSV files, or possibly something like a Crystal Report) which I would be able to submit on a daily basis to the trading partners (e.g., source trading partners would get a report of all files they submitted to us and the time which the file was made available to the eventual intended recipient, and destination partners would receive a report detailing all files which they were the eventual recipient of, and who sent them and at what time).

I'm looking for some documentation to aid me in this effort.
    See Technote : "What tables are queried for WPG viewers"

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21425890&myns=swgws&mynp=OCSSDKJ8&mync=R

Hope this helps.

Regards, Arjan
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown
    2 Posts

‏2010-03-30T22:15:37Z  
    • AvV
    • ‏2010-03-30T20:16:53Z
    See Technote : "What tables are queried for WPG viewers"

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21425890&myns=swgws&mynp=OCSSDKJ8&mync=R

Hope this helps.

Regards, Arjan
    Perfect, thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    527 Posts

‏2013-02-21T14:17:18Z  
    Perfect, thanks!
    I need the answer to this same question. Unfortunately the web address that is listed is no longer valid. What are the DB tables for WPG that store the trading partners, file names, map names, etc.?