Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-09-22T19:01:53Z by cockney_mick
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
88 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic adding server(s) overseas

‏2009-03-26T20:11:17Z |
We have a new office opening overseas and are experiencing serious latency issues with Capture. If building a bigger pipe is not feasible at this time, what are the options for using Capture? Do we need to build a whole new sister IS system to keep it on LAN instead of WAN?
Updated on 2009-09-22T19:01:53Z at 2009-09-22T19:01:53Z by cockney_mick
  • RKTONLINE
    RKTONLINE
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: adding server(s) overseas

‏2009-03-26T20:13:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,
    I'm not sure about the load and other detail to provide accurate answer. You can add an application server (BES) to the new site and have enough cache to handle the load. This may work for you.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      88 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-26T20:43:43Z  in response to RKTONLINE
      That is along the line of what I was thinking. Just wanted to hear someone else say it to confirm. Thanks.
  • cockney_mick
    cockney_mick
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-06-03T14:24:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    you can consider three options:

1. BES server
    2. Remote capture services
    3. Create a peer system so system A multi commits docs across to system B.

Obviously each will have own merits / licencing implications
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      88 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-21T21:39:47Z  in response to cockney_mick
      I think we need more than a BES server because the overseas office is also doing a lot of file loading via the web browsers. Thus, it needs to commit. It is taking a long time for them to load files.

With a second IS system and using multi-committal, how does a user of the original IS system identify documents that are committed to the remote system, since they obviously will have different doc ids? I was hoping to avoid this scenario and have documents only kept in storage on original system, but that doesn't seem feasible.
      • cockney_mick
        cockney_mick
        8 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-22T19:01:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        What you need to do is make each IS system have non overlapping document ids and peer systems for multi system commit.

When docs are committed from system A to system B they will retain the docid given to it on committal of system A to system B.

Setup non overlapping docids and peer systems in fn_edit

Hope this helps