Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-04T13:20:48Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Transferring Rhapsody items to DOORs using Gateway

‏2009-03-25T22:51:14Z |
I am able to get DOORS items into my Rhapsody model and then "round trip" things back to DOORS, however I cannot seem to get the Rhapsody model diagrams into DOORS. I have the "Diagram Images" checkbox checked on the Export Document to DOORS dialog window; I cannot find anything in the documentation on this. What am I missing?

Also, how does one specify where to put each Rhapsody object? If, for instance, I wanted to place my Use Case diagram after object 42 in my DOORS document, how would I tell Gateway to do that?
Updated on 2012-12-04T13:20:48Z at 2012-12-04T13:20:48Z by SystemAdmin
  • MerlinUK
    MerlinUK
    106 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Transferring Rhapsody items to DOORs using Gateway

‏2009-03-27T15:56:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    You first need Gateway to capture the diagrams before they can be exported to DOORS. You will find a 'capture diagrams' variable against the Rhapsody document in your Gateway Project setup - once that is set to true then the diagrams will be exported to DOORS (if the export diagrams is also ticked)
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1305 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-03T17:33:32Z  in response to MerlinUK
      I am using 7.6.1.2 and I cannot get my diagrams into DOORS.

Where is the 'capture diagrams' variable in the current gateway?
  • MerlinUK
    MerlinUK
    106 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-27T16:03:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    When you export to an existing DOORS module you cannot specify where to put the Rhapsody model - it will always be inserted at the top. However after you've exported you can manually edit the module and move the Rhapsody model somwehere else in the module - subsequent exports will respect the new position. Note however that you must move the Rhapsody model as a complete Object hierarchy - you can't split it up.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-27T22:26:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thank you! I've been struggling with this for quite a bit.