Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-10T13:38:29Z by SystemAdmin
Kishore
Kishore
7 Posts

Pinned topic NMon Analyser with Excel 2007:Failure to generate Pivot Charts

‏2009-03-23T06:31:13Z |
When i try to generate a Pivot chart using nmon Analyser on Excel 2007 with the nmon data,i am getting this error dialog:
nmon analyser version is 339
I tried with 336 also it gives the same error.
Pls help out.
The error screen says "
Runtime error -2147417848(80010108)
Method "CreatePivotTable of object "Pivotcache" failed.
Am attaching the nmon analyser excel sheet.
Pls let me know if you need any more data from my side.

--Kishore.
Updated on 2012-04-10T13:38:29Z at 2012-04-10T13:38:29Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2402 Posts

Re: NMon Analyser with Excel 2007:Failure to generate Pivot Charts

‏2009-03-23T11:08:33Z  
    Hi,
    I'm working on a number of issues with Excel 2007 at the moment but it's difficult because I don't actually have 2007 myself.

Most of the issues appear to be due to "improvements" in the National Language Support - specifically, after >10 years in the market, the R1C1 cell referencing is now NLS-enabled and you have to use the initial letters for "Row" and "Column" in your own language - thus making huge numbers of macros completely unportable (way to go MS!). The quick resolution is to change your locale to US and the slow one is to rewrite the code (which is what I'm currently doing). I'm not sure if the issue with the Pivot charts is related to NLS but it's likely.

So, I have a small team of people helping me resolve these issues at the moment and if you'd like to help then do the following:

Rerun the Analyser with the same settings
    When it crashes, press the "Debug" button
    Get a screen capture of the code (the failing line will be high-lighted)
    Send the capture to steve_atkins at uk.ibm.com
  • Kishore
    Kishore
    7 Posts

‏2009-03-23T11:20:22Z  
    Hi,
    I'm working on a number of issues with Excel 2007 at the moment but it's difficult because I don't actually have 2007 myself.

Most of the issues appear to be due to "improvements" in the National Language Support - specifically, after >10 years in the market, the R1C1 cell referencing is now NLS-enabled and you have to use the initial letters for "Row" and "Column" in your own language - thus making huge numbers of macros completely unportable (way to go MS!). The quick resolution is to change your locale to US and the slow one is to rewrite the code (which is what I'm currently doing). I'm not sure if the issue with the Pivot charts is related to NLS but it's likely.

So, I have a small team of people helping me resolve these issues at the moment and if you'd like to help then do the following:

here we go with the screen shot
  • Kishore
    Kishore
    7 Posts

‏2009-03-23T11:31:29Z  
    Hi,

When you say Locale to US,
    is it the locale in the AIX machine
    or the locale in Windows machine.

--Thanks,
    Kishore
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2402 Posts

‏2009-03-23T11:37:48Z  
    • Kishore
    • ‏2009-03-23T11:31:29Z
    When you say Locale to US,
    is it the locale in the AIX machine
    or the locale in Windows machine.

--Thanks,
    Kishore
    Windows
  • Kishore
    Kishore
    7 Posts

‏2009-03-23T11:40:32Z  
    Windows
    Thanks,
    Windows machine is already set to US Locale
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2402 Posts

‏2012-01-31T15:31:24Z  
    Hi,

Hi,
    there seems to be a simple fix for this issue:
    in Sub CreatePivot(), remove the DefaultVersion parameter from the CreatePivotTable call.

Works like a charm on 2007 and 2010 for me.
    (and btw - I love the "pivoted" CPU chart!)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2402 Posts

‏2012-04-10T13:38:29Z  
    Hi,
    there seems to be a simple fix for this issue:
    in Sub CreatePivot(), remove the DefaultVersion parameter from the CreatePivotTable call.

Works like a charm on 2007 and 2010 for me.
    (and btw - I love the "pivoted" CPU chart!)
    I am running Excel 2010. Removing the DefaultVersion parameter did nothing for me (I deleted the following string: , DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion10

Excel 2010 was running in Compatibility Mode. I also tried saving NMon Analyser as a .xlsm file, but same results.

Each time the debugger takes me to the CreatePivotTable call in sub CreatePivot.

The only option I changed from the Defaults was PIVOT=YES.

I also have Excel 2003, but when I run in that version, I get a different error:
    Run-time error '1004':
    Method 'Range' of object '_Worksheet' failed

and the debugger takes me to the following line in sub PP_AAA
    Sheet1.Range("Date").NumberFormat = "dd-mmm-yy"

My Windows language is US.

I am running nmon analyser v33g.xls

Any help?