Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-01T20:02:59Z by ssavkur
RMeyers
RMeyers
194 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cognos License Pricing?

‏2009-03-20T17:06:33Z |
Is there a grid with the list price for the different licenses and license packages anywhere?

Really Im looking for the current list price of a Contributor License or package of Contrib. licenses.

Thanks
Updated on 2009-04-13T12:40:59Z at 2009-04-13T12:40:59Z by dtremain
  • dtremain
    dtremain
    455 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cognos License Pricing?

‏2009-03-20T19:11:38Z  in response to RMeyers
    Yes, such a thing exists. IBM / Cognos is pretty careful to keep it out of public hands (and it changes constantly). Contact your Cognos sales rep and ask him / her. They should be able to give qty 1 pricing on what you're looking for. If you're further along in the process and ready to buy, contact them with specific numbers of licenses and a time line - my experience has been that they're much more responsive if it looks like you're going to generate some commissions for them.
    And, of course, the more you're buying, the more "room" they have for negotiations.
    • RMeyers
      RMeyers
      194 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-20T19:49:30Z  in response to dtremain
      Yeah I figured it was a closely guarded secret. Our renewal invoice doesn't even have line item pricing, just a total.

I didnt know if they would have the "List" price anywhere though as I think its common knowledge that this price is always higher than what you can negotiate.

Ill try to get a hold of our rep again though.
      • dtremain
        dtremain
        455 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-20T19:59:11Z  in response to RMeyers
        I think if you read your agreement carefully, you are agreeing not to disclose how much you paid for your licenses. Cognos did not have any problem giving us a detailed breakout of costs by license type on our renewal last fall, but we had a new sales rep, so maybe that was just lack of training...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-04-13T07:04:18Z  in response to RMeyers
    Greetings!! I would like to know the procedure for Cognos 8 license renewal and also the contact person with email ID, number at IBM Cognos in this regard. Thanks in Advance for the help.
    - Srik
    • dtremain
      dtremain
      455 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-04-13T12:40:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Contact your Cognos Sales Rep. If you don't have one, don't know who yours is, or yours is not responsive, contact your regional sales office. Be sure to include the timeframe you're looking at - a sale (renewal of support) in the near future is likely to get attention. I know it seems bizarre, but you may need to be persistent to give them your money. However, if you fail, and they find out, they will definitely be persistent to take it.
    • ssavkur
      ssavkur
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-01T20:02:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Srik,

Email me on sanjay.savkur@pksi.com, and I can do the renewals for you.

Sanjay Savkur