Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-04-02T23:28:48Z by bdelima
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
123 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic [Feature Request] Force Filter-Set Execution

‏2009-03-19T15:02:02Z |
When I modify a filter-set applied to a compare operations, sometimes the compare results are refreshed according to the filter-set change, and sometimes they aren't. I'm not sure what determines when the new filter set is actively re-applied. When it isn't, I have to save the filter-set to a file and perform the compare again using the file I saved before.

I'd like a button in the compare view that forces a refresh of the compare-results based on the contents of the current filter-set.
Updated on 2009-04-02T23:28:48Z at 2009-04-02T23:28:48Z by bdelima
  • bdelima
    bdelima
    124 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [Feature Request] Force Filter-Set Execution

‏2009-04-02T23:15:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This has been implemented and will be in the next update.
  • bdelima
    bdelima
    124 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [Feature Request] Force Filter-Set Execution

‏2009-04-02T23:28:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    A general comment about this..

For perfomrance reasons, I've tried to make the logic intelligent enough so it doesn't always drive the entire compare operation over again every time you modify filters. Depending on the filter, it is sometimes sufficient to simply apply the filters against the current results rather than against the entire config tree. This is the behavior you are observing. With right-click actions, I left the behavior as it currently works, but I've changed the logic so that if you are using the "expert" mode (using the "modify compare" tool and manually editing filters), the comparator will alwasy be redriven when you hit "OK".

Try it this way and see what you think. I want it to be consistent, predictable, and as fast as possible, but ultimeately compare accuracy is more important than saving a few compute cycles. If you continue to find it unpredictable, then I'll just change the whole thing and always redrive the operation.