Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-09T14:24:06Z by DHEERENDRA
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Does TADDM 7.1.2 support secured LDAP authentication?

‏2009-03-18T14:12:58Z |
We are in the process of configuring LDAP for our TADDM install. Does TADDM support secured LDAP?
Updated on 2009-03-24T17:39:17Z at 2009-03-24T17:39:17Z by SystemAdmin
  • Ronivon
    Ronivon
    42 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Does TADDM 7.1.2 support secured LDAP authentication?

‏2009-03-19T09:28:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I could see how it can be possible using native ldap connection from TADDM.

However, in case you setup a Websphere solely for TADDM, it can be configured for federated authentication using your central repository (LDAP), and to use secure communications (ssl).

Then, you can configure TADDM for authentication on Websphere federated repository.

This information and the procedures are described under "Configuring and Administering" product manual, topic "Security overview".

To protect the authentication information between the client and the server, ssl can also be enabled between them.

Good luck.
    Ronivon.
    • Ronivon
      Ronivon
      42 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-19T09:30:03Z  in response to Ronivon
      In the first line, I meant "I could NOT see how it can be possible using native ldap connection from TADDM."
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        9855 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-24T17:39:17Z  in response to Ronivon
        Well, since we did not know any better. We configured TADDM with the customer's Microsoft LDAPS (LDAP over SSL) and it seems to be working OK. We are still in the process of refining the parameter because it takes some time to locate the groups.
  • DHEERENDRA
    DHEERENDRA
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-09T14:24:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi ,

Wanted to check with you that  , Have you configured TADDM with LDAP authentication ?. Similar kind of requirement we have in order to authenticate with IBM Blue page intranet Ids. If you have some clue pls pass the same to me as this will really help me . Thanks