IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-27T20:23:53Z by SystemAdmin
fluxco
fluxco
3 Posts

Pinned topic Google Gadget - unable to wire

‏2009-03-17T15:47:04Z |
I am in the middle of going through the Customer List tutorial from the wiki.

I am stuck at the bit to do with Stock Chart via google gadget.

The google gadget iWidget was downloaded from Green House.

I can't get wiring into the google gadget iWidget after selecting the Stock Chart gadget.

The google gadget iWidget isn't made available for wiring from the customer list widget.

I have downloaded the other google gadgets iWidget from green house and all of them have given me the same problem.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or how to go about working around this problem.

thanks
Updated on 2013-03-27T20:23:53Z at 2013-03-27T20:23:53Z by SystemAdmin
  • fluxco
    fluxco
    3 Posts

Re: Google Gadget - unable to wire

‏2009-03-17T16:08:14Z  
    Having added a User Input Widget to my page and able to wire it to the google gadget iWidget, I think my problem is actually with the Data Viewer widget.

The data in my Data Viewer widget comes from a spreadsheet.

Has anyone else come across this problem and have a work around?

thanks
  • drdamour
    drdamour
    52 Posts

‏2009-03-17T21:14:17Z  
    • fluxco
    • ‏2009-03-17T16:08:14Z
    Having added a User Input Widget to my page and able to wire it to the google gadget iWidget, I think my problem is actually with the Data Viewer widget.

thanks
    The data types need to match up in order for mashup center to display the link in the wiring dialog. So that might be your problem.

can you link to the specific tutorial you are using?

also what's the exact name of the google gadget you are trying to link up?
  • Stan
    Stan
    340 Posts

‏2009-03-18T17:09:36Z  
    • fluxco
    • ‏2009-03-17T16:08:14Z

thanks
    Hi -

I could not get the tutorial to work for me either. The post by drdamour identifies the problem - the payload datatypes of the widgets do not match. Every Google Gadgets I tried that accept a ticker symbol want it passed as STRING. The dataViewer wants to pass Excel data as either TEXT or NUMBER.

I will contact the writter of the tutorial to determine what may have changed since the tutorial was written and arrange to it to be corrected or deprecated.

I will look into whether we can do something that will allow the two to wired (e.g. loosen the widget wiring rules to allow TEXT and STRING to be mapped or the possibility of casting one to the other for the purpose of wiring widgets or making 'pass as any data' an array of JSON objects an option or ??)

The reason you can use the User Input widget to drive the Stock Chart is that it will pass the value as 'Any Data'.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    391 Posts

‏2009-03-20T21:16:17Z  
    • Stan
    • ‏2009-03-18T17:09:36Z
    Hi -

I could not get the tutorial to work for me either. The post by drdamour identifies the problem - the payload datatypes of the widgets do not match. Every Google Gadgets I tried that accept a ticker symbol want it passed as STRING. The dataViewer wants to pass Excel data as either TEXT or NUMBER.

I will contact the writter of the tutorial to determine what may have changed since the tutorial was written and arrange to it to be corrected or deprecated.

I will look into whether we can do something that will allow the two to wired (e.g. loosen the widget wiring rules to allow TEXT and STRING to be mapped or the possibility of casting one to the other for the purpose of wiring widgets or making 'pass as any data' an array of JSON objects an option or ??)

The reason you can use the User Input widget to drive the Stock Chart is that it will pass the value as 'Any Data'.
    > Stan wrote:
    > I will contact the writter of the tutorial to determine what may have changed since the tutorial was written and arrange to it to be corrected or deprecated.
    >

String event payload was used in older IMC versions. In the latest one TEXT event payload was introduced. All core iWidgets were updated in order to support this new event type. It seems that Google gadgets were not updated.
    > Stan wrote:
    > I will look into whether we can do something that will allow the two to wired

I think this could be achieved using JavaScript adapter iWidget. It receives ANY event payload and publishes ANY event payload.
  • Stan
    Stan
    340 Posts

‏2009-04-08T21:43:45Z  
    > Stan wrote:
    > I will contact the writter of the tutorial to determine what may have changed since the tutorial was written and arrange to it to be corrected or deprecated.
    >

String event payload was used in older IMC versions. In the latest one TEXT event payload was introduced. All core iWidgets were updated in order to support this new event type. It seems that Google gadgets were not updated.
    > Stan wrote:
    > I will look into whether we can do something that will allow the two to wired

I think this could be achieved using JavaScript adapter iWidget. It receives ANY event payload and publishes ANY event payload.
    A new version (1.1) of the Google Gadget has been posted on Greenhouse that corrects this problem.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    391 Posts

‏2013-03-27T20:23:53Z  
    • Stan
    • ‏2009-04-08T21:43:45Z
    A new version (1.1) of the Google Gadget has been posted on Greenhouse that corrects this problem.
    Hi,
    I have downloaded the latest version of Google Gadgets (by Date) from greenhouse, but still having the same problem. The Google Gadget won't appear in the content receiver list while wiring from a data viewer.

Any help would be appreciated