• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-03-25T15:33:23Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6968 Posts

Pinned topic iseries JDBC Subscription java.net.UnknownHostException

‏2009-03-11T19:50:48Z |
Hello,
I am new to DB2 Everyplace and am trying to setup a JDBC Subscription to an iSeries. It seems as though much of the configuration is correct, but I am getting a java.net.UnknownHostException somewhere through the finish process. I say that much of the configuration appears to be correct because I can see tables being created, ie. DSYRC, on the iSeries. I have been looking for any related messages to this problem, but only found one going back to 2005, with no reply's on how to fix it. Here is some information regarding my environment:

DB2 Everplace Enterprise 9.1.3 on Windows XP
I am using the jt400Native.jar Toolbox retrieved from the iSeries

iSeries:
OS/400 V5R4
QSERVER started
STRHOSTSVR *ALL
I have created a schema and a user with the same schema name, and the userid has ownership of the schema

Source:
URL = jdbc:as400://192.168.1.6 (IP of the iSeries)
Driver = Other > com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver

I am getting the following message:

Unable to create source replication properties for table subscription 'TEST_01'. Action canceled.DSYM048E Unable to create source replication properties for table subscription 'TEST_01'. Action canceled.java.net.UnknownHostException: //192.168.1.6

Any advice on what the problem is or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.
Kevin
Updated on 2009-03-25T15:33:23Z at 2009-03-25T15:33:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6968 Posts

Re: iseries JDBC Subscription java.net.UnknownHostException

‏2009-03-12T17:12:06Z  
    Hi Everyone,

Maybe a better question is: Has anyone successfully used an iSeries as the source Database for a DB2 Everyplace JDBC Subscription? If so, can you post your settings, specifically for toolbox version, JDBC driver and JDBC URL? Is there anything else that needs to be turned on or installed on the iSeries? I am having a tough time determining if this is a problem within DB2 Everyplace, or if there is something that is not configured properly on the iSeries.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6968 Posts

Re: iseries JDBC Subscription java.net.UnknownHostException

‏2009-03-25T15:33:23Z  
    Hi Everyone,
    Solution found to my problem below with the help of IBM DB2 Everyplace support.

For anyone else attempting to connect to an AS/400 Data Source from DB2Everyplace, the jdbc URL cannot have forward slashes preceding the url.

For instance, my original URL was:
    jdbc:as400://192.168.1.6

Correct URL is:
    jdbc:as400:192.168.1.6

This seems strange to me, especially considering the original URL was partially working, but causing an UnknownHostException at some point late in the subscription process. In any case, problem solved and DB2 Everyplace is now replicating from the AS/400 database. I hope this information will be useful to others.

Best Regards,
    Kevin