Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-06-30T19:49:28Z by pabrams
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
475 Posts

Pinned topic Running RQM as a Service

‏2009-03-05T21:15:07Z |
We are having a significant problem utilizing RQM in a VMWare Server environment.

We login to the VMWare ESX Server via Remote Desktop with a Windows 2003 Server image. Launch RQM which brings up the foreground window and launches the webserver and associated services. We then disconnect from the server leaving the user logged in.

The only problem is that our servers are set to "clean up" dead Terminal Server sessions after 48 hours of inactivity. This means every 48 hours, our logged in user with RQM running in the foreground is autologged off, effectively crashing the server.

Since it is VMWare, there is no "console" to login to, and the only way we access the server is via Remote Access.

Is there a documented procedure for installing the RQM Server to run as Windows Services so that no user has to be using a Terminal Server session to launch the server?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

Re: Running RQM as a Service

‏2009-03-17T21:28:07Z  
    I have the same problem. There doesn't seem to be any information about how to install RQM as a Service. This thread is not marked as a question, but would someone please answer it anyway?

Susan
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

‏2009-03-18T15:30:04Z  
    I have the same problem. There doesn't seem to be any information about how to install RQM as a Service. This thread is not marked as a question, but would someone please answer it anyway?

Susan
    Contact support.

There is a white paper concerning this. I am still going to request a RFE, because this should be out of the box functionality.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

‏2009-03-18T21:55:40Z  
    Contact support.

There is a white paper concerning this. I am still going to request a RFE, because this should be out of the box functionality.
    Thank you. I found the whitepaper. It is written for generic Jazz, not RQM, so I still have the task of figuring out how to modify the instructions for RQM. But at least it's a start.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    475 Posts

‏2009-06-30T19:42:25Z  
    Could you please forward the link to the whitepaper that discusses running RQM as a service? I need to configure this immediately.

Thanks.
  • pabrams
    pabrams
    4 Posts

‏2009-06-30T19:49:28Z  
    Could you please forward the link to the whitepaper that discusses running RQM as a service? I need to configure this immediately.

Thanks.
    Search engines are your friends:

http://jazz.net/library/technote/72