Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-12-12T17:07:23Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2948 Posts

Pinned topic Using Purify on Linux without X Window System...

‏2009-03-02T21:48:27Z |
Hi guys,

I’m trying to use Purfy Plus -the evaluation copy- on Linux CetOS 4.5 box (“purify –version” shows “Version 7.0.0.0-012.Eval 081209 Linux”), I’ve compiled my application with Purify correctly. i.e. nm command grepped by “malloc” shows the static linking with memory management replacement of purify. So, I was prepared for the next big step: RUN... but, this message came on play:

“Purify slave: Warning: This is an Evaluation version of the product. Only GUI mode is supported. Saving data to disk is not allowed.Please enable the GUI by setting the DISPLAY environment variable and rerun this command.”

OK, I’m no using a GUI on CentOS, no X-Server is installed. I want to believe that the product can run under command line without GUI if you wish. Finally I’ve tried with purify option “-windows=no => # ASCII output instead of Purify Viewer.”, then I've got this message:

“Purify slave: Warning: This is an Evaluation version of the product. Only GUI mode is supported. Saving data to disk is not allowed.Please enable the GUI by removing the -windows option and rerun this command.”

Again, let me think that I can evaluate the product –be sure my company is a potential client- without GUI :(... any help?

Thanks in advance!
e-milio.
Updated on 2011-12-12T17:07:23Z at 2011-12-12T17:07:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • RecklessIsHe
    RecklessIsHe
    40 Posts

Re: Using Purify on Linux without X Window System...

‏2009-03-02T21:57:15Z  
    Hi e-milio,

Please send me an email so we can discuss further. We can work with your sales
    rep to see if there's a way to get you an evaluation copy of PurifyPlus that you
    can use without an X-server.

Regards,
    Don
    dmnguyen@us.ibm.com
  • WHGG_liuligang_liuligang
    1 Post

‏2011-12-12T16:39:54Z  
    Hi e-milio,

Please send me an email so we can discuss further. We can work with your sales
    rep to see if there's a way to get you an evaluation copy of PurifyPlus that you
    can use without an X-server.

Regards,
    Don
    dmnguyen@us.ibm.com
    HI~ I have had the same problem,Please help me to solve this question,Thank you!

E-mail:llg521208@163.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2948 Posts

‏2011-12-12T17:07:23Z  
    HI~ I have had the same problem,Please help me to solve this question,Thank you!

E-mail:llg521208@163.com
    Hi LLG,

The evaluation copy of PurifyPlus has limited functionality, and one of the limitations is that
    you cannot save files to disk. With the fully functional copy of PurifyPlus, you can easily
    run on a system with no X-server, and you can easily save Purify error files to disk. Please
    contact your local IBM sales team for more information on how to obtain a fully functional copy
    of PurifyPlus for evaluation purposes.

Best regards,
    Don