Topic
  • 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-01-12T20:39:07Z by Albertomont
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
20 Posts

Pinned topic License Installation Issues!

‏2009-02-23T20:55:26Z |
I keep getting the following dialogs when trying to run Rhapsody Modeler:

Rhapsody

Error in registering rhapsody.tlb

OK

and

Rhapsody

The FEATURE name dev_ed with version 2008.1101 cannot be found
No such feature exists.
Feature: dev_ed
License path: C:\Program Files\Telelogic\Rhapsody Modeler 7.4\flexlm\license.dat;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.macrovision.com".

OK

So far, I have copied the license that was generated into a directory called flexlm where the Rhapsody.exe file is located; I am calling this my rhapsody root directory. I am not sure what the error means, but I have renamed the license file to be "license.dat", and I have double-checked that it does indeed exist within the flexlm directory that I have put in my root. Does anyone have any more advice to offer? This is my second installation.
Updated on 2009-09-06T08:34:27Z at 2009-09-06T08:34:27Z by DavidB2
  • purban
    purban
    17 Posts

Re: License Installation Issues!

‏2009-02-23T23:40:33Z  
    The message that you are receiving sounds like you are trying to invoke Rhapsody Developer not Modeler. If you also downloaded a Rhapsody Trial or have Rhapsody installed that could cause this issue.

Try going through the Windows start menu and select the Modeler.

If you do have Rhapsody Developer installed but want to use Modeler then try uninstalling the Rhapsody Developer and install the modeler instead. The link to the download should be in the email that you had received when you registered.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    20 Posts

‏2009-02-25T02:29:25Z  
    • purban
    • ‏2009-02-23T23:40:33Z
    The message that you are receiving sounds like you are trying to invoke Rhapsody Developer not Modeler. If you also downloaded a Rhapsody Trial or have Rhapsody installed that could cause this issue.

Try going through the Windows start menu and select the Modeler.

If you do have Rhapsody Developer installed but want to use Modeler then try uninstalling the Rhapsody Developer and install the modeler instead. The link to the download should be in the email that you had received when you registered.
    The software that I have installed is:

Telelogic Rhapsody Modeler 7.4

The problem still persists.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    20 Posts

‏2009-04-15T19:41:54Z  
    The software that I have installed is:

Telelogic Rhapsody Modeler 7.4

The problem still persists.
    I, too, am encountering the same issue. But when I downloaded and installed Telelogic Rhapsody Modeler 7.4, no flexlm subdirectory was created.

A possibly relevant sidebar note is that this site uses Telelogic DOORS heavily, and our DOORS installation uses a flexlm server; could that configuration be interfering with flexlm installation / flexlm configuration for Modeler?

Thanks for any help!

Mark
  • DavidB2
    DavidB2
    3 Posts

‏2009-06-01T15:13:10Z  
    I, too, am encountering the same issue. But when I downloaded and installed Telelogic Rhapsody Modeler 7.4, no flexlm subdirectory was created.

A possibly relevant sidebar note is that this site uses Telelogic DOORS heavily, and our DOORS installation uses a flexlm server; could that configuration be interfering with flexlm installation / flexlm configuration for Modeler?

Thanks for any help!

Mark
    I am experiencing the same issues (running under Vista Home Premium SP1):
    1. rhapsody.tlb fails to register
    2. the licensing file seems to be invalid or is not recognized

The file rhapsody.tlb does not exist on my PC.

Anybody with a solution to the problem?

Thanks

David
  • purban
    purban
    17 Posts

‏2009-06-06T15:18:40Z  
    A new version of Rational Modeler Rhapsody Edition is available. This version does not require a license file.

Try this version and see if you get better results. It also contains many improvements in model navigation

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/modeler/index.html?S_TACT=105AGX28&S_CMP=DLMAIN
  • DavidB2
    DavidB2
    3 Posts

‏2009-06-08T12:39:22Z  
    • purban
    • ‏2009-06-06T15:18:40Z
    A new version of Rational Modeler Rhapsody Edition is available. This version does not require a license file.

Try this version and see if you get better results. It also contains many improvements in model navigation

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/modeler/index.html?S_TACT=105AGX28&S_CMP=DLMAIN
    I have downloaded the new version (7.5.0) and installed it on two Operating Systems with the following results:
    1. Windows Server 2003 SP2: IBM Rational Rhapsody Modeler v7.5 installs and works - there is no need for a license file.
    2. Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 - same problems as listed earlier in this thread.

On the download page Vista Home Edition is not listed as a supported operating system (only Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate) - possibly the reason why Modeler won't run?

I can also comment that it is not clear from the download page how one downloads the 'basic' Modeler versus the Corporate Edition, since there is a single download file labelled as being the Corporate Edition. If one downloads the 'Corporate Edition' msi file, and runs the installation, it provides an option to install either the basic Modeler or the Corporate Edition (see attached file).

I have only tried the 'basic' Modeler, since the Corporate Edition expires after a while (I think).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    20 Posts

‏2009-09-05T15:30:56Z  
    • DavidB2
    • ‏2009-06-08T12:39:22Z
    I have downloaded the new version (7.5.0) and installed it on two Operating Systems with the following results:
    1. Windows Server 2003 SP2: IBM Rational Rhapsody Modeler v7.5 installs and works - there is no need for a license file.
    2. Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 - same problems as listed earlier in this thread.

On the download page Vista Home Edition is not listed as a supported operating system (only Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate) - possibly the reason why Modeler won't run?

I can also comment that it is not clear from the download page how one downloads the 'basic' Modeler versus the Corporate Edition, since there is a single download file labelled as being the Corporate Edition. If one downloads the 'Corporate Edition' msi file, and runs the installation, it provides an option to install either the basic Modeler or the Corporate Edition (see attached file).

I have only tried the 'basic' Modeler, since the Corporate Edition expires after a while (I think).
    Installed/uninstalled modeler and corporate numerous times, all with the license problem.

On Windows 7, so probably applies to Vista, I installed it in compatability mode for XP SP 2. Then I ran the app as administrator with compatibility mode in the wizard set to "I don't know", this which seems to equate to XP SP2 (in properties). I did go through the compatability wizards to do this - mostly but

it now works.

Hope this helps...
  • DavidB2
    DavidB2
    3 Posts

‏2009-09-06T08:34:27Z  
    Installed/uninstalled modeler and corporate numerous times, all with the license problem.

On Windows 7, so probably applies to Vista, I installed it in compatability mode for XP SP 2. Then I ran the app as administrator with compatibility mode in the wizard set to "I don't know", this which seems to equate to XP SP2 (in properties). I did go through the compatability wizards to do this - mostly but

it now works.

Hope this helps...
    I have executed the Rhapsody Modeler v7.5 (build 1159120) installer 'as Administrator' under Vista Home Premium SP1:

This solved all problems, Rhapsody Modeler now works perfectly.
  • r0364caty
    r0364caty
    1 Post

‏2014-01-20T05:17:47Z  

it now works.

Hope this helps...

I installed Rhapsody Modeler v7.5 with the option run this program in compatibility mode 'with previous versions of windows' selected, on windows 7, from preferences on this file:

ratlRhapsody_ModelerEdition_7-5-0.msi

and it runs OK.

Updated on 2014-01-20T05:21:41Z at 2014-01-20T05:21:41Z by r0364caty
  • Albertomont
    Albertomont
    1 Post

‏2015-01-12T20:39:07Z  
    • r0364caty
    • ‏2014-01-20T05:17:47Z

I installed Rhapsody Modeler v7.5 with the option run this program in compatibility mode 'with previous versions of windows' selected, on windows 7, from preferences on this file:

ratlRhapsody_ModelerEdition_7-5-0.msi

and it runs OK.

I follow your instructions but still I get the message "Error in registering rhapsody.tlb"  .  One thing that changed is that I can access the rhapsody.ini file.  I verified It but it seems to have what it is needed.  DefaultEdition=Modeler.

Any advice will be appreciated!   I am running windows 7