Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-12-20T14:09:01Z by SergeyMaks
ewinch3
ewinch3
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic 7.1.1.4 fails with CTGIN0158E: Cannot connect to "WebSphere Applic(Repost)

‏2009-02-23T18:53:39Z |
Customer having a problem installing 7.1.1.4 update onto his existing 7.1 system. Initial error was "CTGIN0210E: Process Solution Installer is unable to access deployment configuration properties". So, I had the customer change to the maximo.properties_orig with the correct database access information. The next error is: CTGIN0158E: Cannot connect to "WebSphere Application Server" with userid "wasadmin". But when I look int the CTG log file I see an error that points to a problem with the database connection information (it lists the old connection information for the maximo.properties_orig file) and says the account is locked (Oracle).

FINE: ENTER^^n^
Feb 20, 2009 1:52:29 PM com.ibm.tivoli.ccmdb.install.common.config.database.ACfgDatabase getConnection
FINE: ENTER^ENTRY^o^{{jdbc:oracle:thin:@ dbc:oracle:thin:@dbserver.client.com:1521:maxd,maximo,********,}}
Feb 20, 2009 1:52:29 PM com.ibm.tivoli.ccmdb.install.common.config.database.ACfgDatabase getConnection
FINE: EXIT ^Exception caught getting connection to database^T^ORA-28000: the account is locked

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-28000: the account is locked
Has anyone else seen this particular problem and if so, could you please suggest a resolution? Is renaming the maximo.properties_orig to maximo.properties and editing the database connection information enough to affect the information change or is there something else needed to complete the change?

Attachments

Updated on 2010-12-20T14:09:01Z at 2010-12-20T14:09:01Z by SergeyMaks
  • G1lles
    G1lles
    70 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: 7.1.1.4 fails with CTGIN0158E: Cannot connect to "WebSphere Applic(Repost)

‏2009-02-23T19:05:23Z  in response to ewinch3
    I'm not a oracle expert as i'm using DB2 for ccmdb, but have you tried to connect to the DB using a different tool (like dbvisualiser?) If it return the same error message, the problem is with your account, maybe the account owner has his/her password expired?
  • Lopatek
    Lopatek
    28 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-02-25T22:28:16Z  in response to ewinch3
    Hi,

I had some similar issue on the db2 instance. Probably you have changed maximo.properties file which was encrypted and that's why password to the database is incorrect. Also due to invalid password you might have locked you account that connects to the database. Unlock you account first, try to connect using this account by some other query tool. Once your account is unlocked you may also need to change some values in maximo.properties. If so, try removing mxe.encrypted propety from the file and after that you may edit this file and change property for the password or something else. After that run encryptproperties.bat file. Try if you can run the application, and than you may try the upgrade. Oh and I forgot, backup your environment first! ;)
    Hope that helps
    • mtt_stll
      mtt_stll
      52 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-03-03T09:46:20Z  in response to Lopatek
      Hi, you need to use the maximo.properties.orig file to make a new encrypted maximo.properties file,

Change any values, rename to maximo.properties and then run the encryption.bat file.....

Thanks,
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-04-29T15:30:36Z  in response to ewinch3
    i dont know why the patch does that but the solution that work is as follows:

• create wasadmin as a windows user
    • also add wasadmin in the remote users group

i experienced this problem with a customer and we fixed the issue by following the 2 steps above....

Hope this helps
  • SergeyMaks
    SergeyMaks
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-20T14:09:01Z  in response to ewinch3
    Hi All.
    I have next error - !Connection to database not present, could not initialize Maximo developer.
    To fix it I created copy of maximo.properties_orig from [/SMP/etc/] to [/SMP/maximo/applications/maximo/properties] folder. Deleted all rows with mxe.encrypted. After it I wrote all passwords for all servers in this file. Then I try to create new project as described in MaximoDeveloper manual but receive next error – !Connection to database not present, could not initialize Maximo developer.
    In .log file of my workspace I found this row:
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-12-20 14:25:03.099
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver)……

In maximo.properties file this driver are presented:
    mxe.system.reguser=MAXREG
    mxe.system.regpassword=XXXXXX
    mxe.db.driver=com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver <-------- Driver
    mxe.db.url=jdbc:db2://192.168.1.17:50005/maxdb71
    mxe.rmi.port=0
    mxe.db.schemaowner=maximo

Now I can’t correctly configure the MaximoDeveloper properties or Eclipse properties to find this driver by MaximoDeveloper plug-in. I linked this driver db2jcc.jar to my project after it restarted eclipse but error is appeared again and in .log file contains the same error.
    Could you help me in this case?