• 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-06-16T12:54:41Z by a90098
killer52
killer52
10 Posts

Pinned topic Interal error when loading CSD lists etc. through CM

‏2009-02-20T14:15:42Z |
Hello:

I'm running CICS Explorer Version 0.4.0 connected to a CM region. When I select a CSD file from the Configuration panel sometimes it fails with the following error: Multiple problems have occurred. An Internal error occurred during: system.Fetching Lists

The error file shows the following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2009-02-19 08:04:53.372
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "system.Fetching Lists".
!STACK 0
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://10.1.200.1:8131/CICS/CWBA/CCVWSDSH/CCVADISP
at com.ibm.cics.cm.model.runtime.CMConnection.sendMessage(CMConnection.java:197)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.model.runtime.CMConnection.listResources(CMConnection.java:268)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.model.runtime.ConfigurationManager.getList(ConfigurationManager.java:281)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.model.Configuration$2.getResults(Configuration.java:82)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.model.FilteredCollection.retrieveResults(FilteredCollection.java:55)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.model.FilteredCollection.getResults(FilteredCollection.java:41)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.model.FilteredCollection.size(FilteredCollection.java:59)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.ui.ListsView$3.getCMObjects(ListsView.java:94)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.ui.CMViewPart$FillTableFromFilteredCollectionJob.runSub(CMViewPart.java:75)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.ui.JobWithCancelingSupport$1.run(JobWithCancelingSupport.java:36)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://10.1.200.1:8131/CICS/CWBA/CCVWSDSH/CCVADISP
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1179)
at com.ibm.cics.cm.model.runtime.CMConnection.sendMessage(CMConnection.java:195)
... 10 more
If I wait a couple seconds and try it again it loads the CSD information correctly. This does not seem to be a critical error because it works most of the time. Do you have any ideas as to what is causing this error message?

Your help is appreciated!
regards, Ron
Updated on 2009-06-16T12:54:41Z at 2009-06-16T12:54:41Z by a90098
  • KatSharp
    KatSharp
    6 Posts

Re: Interal error when loading CSD lists etc. through CM

‏2009-03-03T12:23:43Z  
    Hi Ron,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been looking into this but need some more information.

Could you please check the C:\Documents and Settings\<userid>\.cicsexplorer\.metadata directory, and look for any .log or .cicsexplorer.trace.<n>.log files and send them either by posting on here, via a private message or directly to my email address kathleen.sharp@uk.ibm.com.

Thanks.
  • a90098
    a90098
    20 Posts

‏2009-04-15T19:00:33Z  
    Hello from the Maryland Comptroller of the Treasury.

I believe I'm experiencing the same occasional error. Attached is the log file originally requested of the first poster.

Attachments

• a90098
    a90098
    20 Posts

‏2009-04-15T19:01:28Z  
    • a90098
    • ‏2009-04-15T19:00:33Z

I believe I'm experiencing the same occasional error. Attached is the log file originally requested of the first poster.

I believe I'm experiencing the same occasional error. Attached is another file originally requested of the first poster.
  • a90098
    a90098
    20 Posts

‏2009-04-15T19:01:58Z  
    • a90098
    • ‏2009-04-15T19:01:28Z

I believe I'm experiencing the same occasional error. Attached is another file originally requested of the first poster.

• a90098
    a90098
    20 Posts

‏2009-04-23T18:49:53Z  
    There has been no response in a week. So, I'm requesting a reply.
  • a90098
    a90098
    20 Posts

‏2009-05-15T19:12:29Z  
    • KatSharp
    • ‏2009-03-03T12:23:43Z
    Hi Ron,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been looking into this but need some more information.

Could you please check the C:\Documents and Settings\<userid>\.cicsexplorer\.metadata directory, and look for any .log or .cicsexplorer.trace.<n>.log files and send them either by posting on here, via a private message or directly to my email address kathleen.sharp@uk.ibm.com.

Thanks.

I believe I'm experiencing the same occasional error. Please check my other relpies to this thread for more details.
  • SatishTanna
    SatishTanna
    38 Posts

‏2009-05-19T10:21:59Z  
    Apologies for the delay. The CICS CM Explorer plugin development are having problems recreating this. They are talking to CICS CM develoment to determine the cause of the Internal error in the CICS CM server when multiple concurrant requests are sent from the CM plugin.

Can you please try this with the latest version of the CICS CM plugin dated 28th April. Thanks.

Satish Tanna
  • SatishTanna
    SatishTanna
    38 Posts

‏2009-05-26T16:58:32Z  
    I spoke to the developers of CICS CM. If you are running with the latest version of the CICS CM explorer plugin (0.5.2) and if you still see this problem, can you please check if there are any messages in the CICS CM servers CCVLOG. If so, can you please paste them here. Thanks.

Satish Tanna
  • a90098
    a90098
    20 Posts

‏2009-06-15T18:09:08Z  
    I spoke to the developers of CICS CM. If you are running with the latest version of the CICS CM explorer plugin (0.5.2) and if you still see this problem, can you please check if there are any messages in the CICS CM servers CCVLOG. If so, can you please paste them here. Thanks.

Satish Tanna
    I have finally found enough time to install the latest level of the CICS Explorer, as you recommended. Now, the CICS Explorer won't connect at all. All I get is the following message: "CNX0106E Connect failed with error 'Basic Authentication Error'". Unless I hear from you soon, I'm going to return to the prior software level that does connect with the occasional error that originated this posting. But, I would prefer to move "forward" instead of "backward". How do I get rid of the CNX0106E error?
  • GrantShayler
    GrantShayler
    98 Posts

‏2009-06-16T08:59:09Z  
    • a90098
    • ‏2009-06-15T18:09:08Z
    I have finally found enough time to install the latest level of the CICS Explorer, as you recommended. Now, the CICS Explorer won't connect at all. All I get is the following message: "CNX0106E Connect failed with error 'Basic Authentication Error'". Unless I hear from you soon, I'm going to return to the prior software level that does connect with the occasional error that originated this posting. But, I would prefer to move "forward" instead of "backward". How do I get rid of the CNX0106E error?
    Hi,

The Basic Authentication error will typically occur when the userid / password you have used on the can't be verified. For this to occur, the TCPIPSERVICE that you are sending the request to has AUTHENTICATE(BASIC) set.
    Check that you have specified a valid userid / password - Check the CICS joblogs for any signon / Security manager error messages (e.g. RACF ICH messages in joblog and DFHXS messages in the CICS TDQ output.

You can also get this message when your password has expired. There are no facilities at present to change your password using explorer, so if this is the case use another interface, e.g. TSO / CESN on CICS to change your password

If you don't want security, you could turn off Basic Authentication by changing the AUTHENTICATE option - the requests running would then run under the CICS default userid though ....

Cheers ... Grant.
  • SatishTanna
    SatishTanna
    38 Posts

‏2009-06-16T09:17:35Z  
    Hi Terry,

Can you please confirm that the connection from the CM Explorer plugin to the authenticated port on the CM server works.

To check this, I tried connecting from the CM Explorer plugin to an authenticated port on my CM server and it connected OK.

Are you seeing this problem just with the base CICS Explorer connection to the authenticated port on you WUI server.

regards,

Satish Tanna
  • a90098
    a90098
    20 Posts

‏2009-06-16T12:10:40Z  
    Hi,

The Basic Authentication error will typically occur when the userid / password you have used on the can't be verified. For this to occur, the TCPIPSERVICE that you are sending the request to has AUTHENTICATE(BASIC) set.
    Check that you have specified a valid userid / password - Check the CICS joblogs for any signon / Security manager error messages (e.g. RACF ICH messages in joblog and DFHXS messages in the CICS TDQ output.

You can also get this message when your password has expired. There are no facilities at present to change your password using explorer, so if this is the case use another interface, e.g. TSO / CESN on CICS to change your password

If you don't want security, you could turn off Basic Authentication by changing the AUTHENTICATE option - the requests running would then run under the CICS default userid though ....

Cheers ... Grant.
    Here is the TCPIPSERVICE that is generated each time the CICS CM Server region is started:
    CREATE TCPIPSERVICE(CCVBASIC) URM(DFHWBADX) PORTNUMBER(9002) STATUS(CLOSED)
    PROTOCOL(HTTP) TRANSACTION(CWXN) BACKLOG(5) IPADDRESS(INADDR_ANY) SOCKETCLOSE(NO)
    MAXDATALEN(16384) SSL(NO) AUTHENTICATE(BASIC) GRPCRITICAL(NO)

The LOGONID and password are valid and working. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to sign on to the LPAR where the CICS CM Server region is running. We require them to work along with the passtickets, which are working fine under the TSO/ISPF user interface.
  • a90098
    a90098
    20 Posts

‏2009-06-16T12:15:39Z  
    Hi Terry,

Can you please confirm that the connection from the CM Explorer plugin to the authenticated port on the CM server works.

To check this, I tried connecting from the CM Explorer plugin to an authenticated port on my CM server and it connected OK.

Are you seeing this problem just with the base CICS Explorer connection to the authenticated port on you WUI server.

regards,

Satish Tanna
    The connection (TCPIPSERVICE) from the CM Explorer plugin to the authenticated port on the CM server works under the TSO/ISPF user interface and under the prior level of the CICS Explorer. The latest download (dated April 2009) is the one that does not work. I could reinstate the prior level of the CICS Explorer and try it again. But, I was told this latest level could eliminate the original issue that was reported in this thread.

FYI: There is no WUI server in our shop. There is no CMAS in our shop. CPSM is not implemented in our shop.
  • a90098
    a90098
    20 Posts

‏2009-06-16T12:54:41Z  
    Thanks to your help my problem was a wrong setting in the following path:
    o Under the Window menu, select Preferences
    o On the Connections pane, use a Connection Type of "Configuration Manager"
    o Press Apply
    o Press Connect

Now that the new software level is working, the same original issue still occasionally appears. The vendor called (on the phone) and will follow up by trying to recreate the same original issue.