Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-05T10:27:48Z by SystemAdmin
BenEisenstein
BenEisenstein
24 Posts

Pinned topic SQL Server Driver Connect Error

‏2009-02-19T18:14:58Z |
I am trying to evaluate if Data Studio would be useful with SQL Server. When I try and connect I get the following message:

"The driver class was not found in the specified driver JAR/Zip file. Please update the jar list in the driver definition."

It is not clear to me what needs to be done. I updated the classpath to pint to the sqljdbc.jar. What other actions should be taken?

Data Studio Administrator V2.1
MS SQL Server 2005

Thank you,
Ben Eisenstein
Updated on 2013-02-05T10:27:48Z at 2013-02-05T10:27:48Z by SystemAdmin
  • BenEisenstein
    BenEisenstein
    24 Posts

Re: SQL Server Driver Connect Error

‏2009-03-02T20:56:16Z  
    I will answer my own question.

If you go under:
    Windows-->Preferences-->Data Management-->Connectivity-->Driver Definitions

Click on the SQL Server driver option corresponding to your driver and edit.

Click on the jar tab. Then edit the full path to the jar.

Good luck finding it!
  • Kevin_Foster
    Kevin_Foster
    52 Posts

‏2009-03-03T16:52:29Z  
    Just a reminder that the Data Studio Administrator product does not support SQL Server. Some amount of functionality might work based on common Eclipse features, but the majority of the features won't work as the product only supports DB2 for LUW at this time.

For a related product that does officially support SQL Server, you might want to check out InfoSphere Data Architect. There's a 30-day trial of the software available from the product web page:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rda/?S_CMP=rnav

-Kevin
  • BenEisenstein
    BenEisenstein
    24 Posts

‏2009-03-09T14:30:08Z  
    Just a reminder that the Data Studio Administrator product does not support SQL Server. Some amount of functionality might work based on common Eclipse features, but the majority of the features won't work as the product only supports DB2 for LUW at this time.

For a related product that does officially support SQL Server, you might want to check out InfoSphere Data Architect. There's a 30-day trial of the software available from the product web page:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rda/?S_CMP=rnav

-Kevin
    We are a multiplatform shop, and of course looking for the quixotic goal of one tool for all platforms. So we curious to see what is in Data Studion for SQL Server.

What we saw in Data Studio is quite encouraging:

Gui alter of table just like you can do in SSMS, cool !!!!!
    Able to generate DDL from objects.
    Actually the major problem that would keep us from recommending it to non-DBAs like developers, users and testers, is that Windows Authentication does not work. Even though there is an option for it, we get an error.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2013-02-04T19:47:06Z  
    I will answer my own question.

If you go under:
    Windows-->Preferences-->Data Management-->Connectivity-->Driver Definitions

Click on the SQL Server driver option corresponding to your driver and edit.

Click on the jar tab. Then edit the full path to the jar.

Good luck finding it!
    This helped me quite a bit, thanks Ben.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2013-02-05T10:27:48Z  
    We are a multiplatform shop, and of course looking for the quixotic goal of one tool for all platforms. So we curious to see what is in Data Studion for SQL Server.

What we saw in Data Studio is quite encouraging:

Gui alter of table just like you can do in SSMS, cool !!!!!
    Able to generate DDL from objects.
    Actually the major problem that would keep us from recommending it to non-DBAs like developers, users and testers, is that Windows Authentication does not work. Even though there is an option for it, we get an error.
    Hi Ben:

I'm looking at your post and I happen to be in the same spot with similar needs. Most of our DBs are either DB2 for LUW or MSSQL.

I'm having trouble connecting to our MSSQL servers. Would you be so kind as to directe me with the steps that you followed to set up this connection?

Your help would be greatly appreciated !!

Regards
    Enrique Valdez