Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-18T20:15:23Z by SystemAdmin
johnonvi
johnonvi
4 Posts

Pinned topic Can't import Doors links into Rhapsody project through Rhapsody Gateway

‏2009-02-09T11:44:22Z |
Hello,

I want to import into a Rhapsody project using Rhapsody Gateway links between different Doors modules.
Intermediate file created by Rhapsody Gateway saves only the links from the same Doors module, but is nothing saved about the links between different Doors modules.
Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue?

Thank's!
Updated on 2013-01-18T20:15:23Z at 2013-01-18T20:15:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

Re: Can't import Doors links into Rhapsody project through Rhapsody Gateway

‏2009-02-12T13:07:20Z  
    HI,

yes you can.

If I have 2 DOORS modules, whereby requirements are linked between them, Gateway will allow you to see such links, as well as export them to the Rhapsody model.

You do need to do the following (assumes you are using the DOORS Basic type initialiy

1 - Duplicate the DOORS Basic Type

2 - Copy the IsCoveredBy reference from the DOORs Advanced type

3 - Create another Reference called DOORS Links and that is the same as the default Refers, with the exception:

linkModule = "DOORS Links"

Attached is my types file

Regards,
    Andreas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

Re: Can't import Doors links into Rhapsody project through Rhapsody Gateway

‏2013-01-18T20:15:23Z  
    Following advice found on this site, I am now able to see links between DOORS modules (9.3) in Gateway (Rhapsody 7.6.1) having added a DOORS Link to References via Types modification. Thanks very much!

However, links within the same module are not visible (except by a convoluted Gerry-rigging that has ramifications manifested in the Rhapsody model itself).

My organization has parent requirements and child requirements in the same specification/same DOORS module. In-links/out-links have been established between applicable parent and child requirements.

I am unable to "traverse" links from a top level requirement to its child/children and vice versa, although I can traverse from a child requirement to a lower-level requirement in a different module.

I should note that the internal links (trace stereotype) are sort of visible when using the Evaluate capability and selecting References, e.g.

Desired end state is to be able to traverse from top-level parent to child in same module and then from that child to a lower-level requirement in a different module and so on (five levels across several components...unfortunately).